CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Questions about grilles

Chris

Hey, I am just beginning my search for a new grille for my 93 STS. I have a few questions:

1) Does anyone know the part # for a new grille (STS or SLS)?

2) I assume 92-97 STS/SLS grilles will all fit?

3) Will a Deville grille fit the STS or the newer generation sevilles?

4) Are there any cool aftermarket sites with mesh or other interesting grilles that might fit?

5) Anyone parting out a white 92-97 STS/SLS? ;)

Thanks

-Chris

-Chris

Check out the link below to my webpage and see if the grill on my blue '93 is what you are looking for. About $300 at Prestige Products. EG classic has them online at egclassic.com, or something like that.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

All the '92-97 STS grilles are painted. When you order a new one, you need your paint code, as they come painted from the supplier. Cadillac never painted one at the plant, they came pre-painted from the supplier.

The '94-97 SLS chrome grille fits no problem. It is the same grille as the STS minus the center emblem and the fact that it is chrome.

The '92-93 SLS/Seville grilles are a older style and are not worth anything.

New grilles from Cadillac are about $260. We use to have chrome SLS grilles available...but they are all gone.

The newer Deville and Seville grilles are not a direct fit. You would have to cobble it.

Watch eBay.

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Were there ever 94-97 grilles that painted but with no emblem? Also, how difficult do you think it would be to fit a 98+ grille onto the car, and do you think it would look good?

-Chris

i think the grill you have for that year fits the body shape better.. i have a friend that works at a body shop and he told me that one guy tried to do the same thing you wanted and costed him 15hundred just for a freakin grill?? add $500 more and you could have done the headlights and the hood (to look exactly like the 98+) thats what he said.. and for the entire "conversion" as they would call it(front end and rear end) it would run at least 4grand and up.. besides cadillac has its own style that never fades. do you agree? and oh yeah when they did the conversion just for the grill he had to mess with the radiator supports i think.. i dont think its a good idea to fawk with that.. just a thought.. its your ride..

reggie

Thisone - the reason i am replacing my grille is that its broken. I asked about 98+ grilles because I think I can get one farily inexpensively.

I dont want to go to the original style grille as I know I'll always be paranoid that the emblem will be stolen again (hence I asked about if painted SLS grilles - emblemless that is - were ever made) :D

-Chris

I have a grill for a '93 Seville that is oem, I would sell it cheap. I have replaced it with a stainless steel unit. I am going to do the same with my '97 SLS grill as well. Let me know if you are interested.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

Archived