CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Transmission flush

JimD

Not to make light of this person's predicament, but here is yet another tale of woe related to "flushing" transmission fluid (quoting part of a current thread on the other Cadillac board):

"My tranny is whining bad and s pretty much on it's way out it seems. The dealer who flushed it 2k miles ago doesn't seem to give a rats *smurf*, and wants me to buy a $3900 transmission."

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I have had flushes done on both my Cad & Mtneer. The machines used can no way put old, possibly contaminated fluid, into the transmission. Not gonna happen, at least with the set up I saw.

On a neglected (never changed) high mileage trans a flush/exchange could loosen some crud that will plug a valve body and cause problems. A flush, which is really just an exchange as no additional pressure is used, is not a bad thing if done correctly.

I speak only from my experiance.....

Yea the worst part is that he SPECIFICALLY told the dealership NOT to flush the transmission...And they went ahead and did it anyway!!!!....THEN told him "hey buddy..It would have cost $2000" to change the screens...Sorry..this is the only way we can change it" (or something to that effect) ...I would be on the phone with a lawyer and/or a GM zone manager right now if I were him :angry:

A.J.

Archived