CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Auto One sucks

mhinchley

Don't know who has an Auto One near them, but their service here is awful. I made an appointment to have my windows tinted ahead of time. Dropped the car off at business opening 7:30 am. Scheduled pick up at 4:30 pm. They called at 9am asking if I want (1)paint sealed, (2) interior detailed, (3) rustproofed. I said no, just the windows as stated when dropped off. At 3:45, they called and left a message that I did not receive, since I was not home. I went to pick up the car at 5pm, and guess what? Not even started. They told me they had some problems with another car and could not get to it...........and called an left a message. I told them I did not leave my home until 3pm, so I knew they did not call before then. And I was totally happy they called to offer me all those additional services AND could not even complete the service they were supposed to do!!!! They swore they would do it first thing in the morning, yet no mention of a discount or anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that I would have let them. Of course I graciously (hahaha) declined and took the car. I will pay twice as much to avoid giving them business. So avoid them if you can. They are a JOKE!

Don't know who has an Auto One near them, but their service here is awful. I made an appointment to have my windows tinted ahead of time. Dropped the car off at business opening 7:30 am. Scheduled pick up at 4:30 pm. They called at 9am asking if I want (1)paint sealed, (2) interior detailed, (3) rustproofed. I said no, just the windows as stated when dropped off. At 3:45, they called and left a message that I did not receive, since I was not home. I went to pick up the car at 5pm, and guess what? Not even started. They told me they had some problems with another car and could not get to it...........and called an left a message. I told them I did not leave my home until 3pm, so I knew they did not call before then. And I was totally happy they called to offer me all those additional services AND could not even complete the service they were supposed to do!!!! They swore they would do it first thing in the morning, yet no mention of a discount or anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that I would have let them. Of course I graciously (hahaha) declined and took the car. I will pay twice as much to avoid giving them business. So avoid them if you can. They are a JOKE!

I dont have an Auto One around me. I was wondering what precentage you were having put on yer car ? My SLS has 20 %or30% and the guy was right it would fade out its been almost 2 years and there some differnce. I know it was 10 % less than that of state law. Sounds like something I would say " will pay twice as much to avoid giving them business."

Michael - :D

I agree with your decision 100%, 1) don't cross sell me, 2) if you have time to cross sell you have time to do my job... Most shops near me, have a tint expert that comes in to do tinting, you need to make a specific appointment. The same cross selling happened to me at a Firestone Tire store, I dropped my car off for 4 tires, and went to lunch, an hour later I came back and the car was on the lift with the wheels off.. I said why isn't it done, OH SIR, you need rear brakes and wiper blades... and we needed authorization.... I was like WTF? :angry: Put the Fn wheels back on and credit back my credit card... and left... what BS!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Dude, Think about it..

Maybe they knew early on the job wouldn't get done yesterday, (employee called off/quit/whatever), called you to offer more services to also extend the time the car would be left with the garage, (time is money)...That way, the windows and all the powder puff stuff gets done with the extra profit for the puff items as a bonus for them. How long would it take to do the windows? I'm sure they could have worked it in if they wanted to, from 9am... How can they offer more work 1st thing in the morning if they haven't done what you cam in for? You did the right thing in taking your business elsewhere. Screw me once, shame on you, (lost business). Screw me twice, (not going to happen), shame on me!

Good Luck,

Tint is just 30 percent. My durango I went 10 percent darker, but the shops around here are getting fined 10k a car, they are caught doing below the limit. Stupid, but what are you gonna do? By the way, Ziebart guarentees there tint in workmanship and performance for life.

You won't beleive it. But I made an appointment and took the car to Ziebart at 7:30 am today. They offered me a bunch of services there, while I was there........which obviously I refused. Pick up scheduled for 3pm. Phone call at 11AM that they are pressed for time and may not get to it. Can you believe it? Two different shops, whom I had appointments ahead of time with, and dropped the car off at business opening,............and neither got it done!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could do that in my line of work! Well, I went off on them and told em this was the 2nd day I lost the car and did not get it done at 2 different shops..............blah blah blah.

Well they were already much cheaper then Auto One, and they dropped the price to $150 to do all windows including 25 percent of the winshield (top). Not only that but they also offered me a free rental car for the weekend. Now that was too good to pass up. So I took it. But still ridiculous! Why take jobs you cannot get done and give your business a bad name? Don't get it. Though in their defense they atleast put their ate some money ($75) and shop-car for the weekend to make up for it............while Auto One did squat.

Amazing

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Employees dont always show up as schedualed and sometimes a job takes longer than expected. I know it can get frustrating.

However when confornted with problems like that I have to remember that I still buy my penciles with erasers. Some day I'll be perfect but not in the near future.

Archived