CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Please help w/ codes on 02 STS

bweekes

Hey,

First of all, I was turned onto this site by MikeD (93 STS) and have read postings for years but never managed to post anything. Thank you all very much for the wealth of knowledge you have given me about the cars that I/we love.

About my problem....

My "Service Engine Soon" light kicked on this AM on my 02 STS and I finally figured out how to pull the codes. Could someone help me with diagnosing them?

========

AB C1246 history

DDM U1301 history

IPC U1016 history

IRC U1016 history

MSM U1000 history

RIM B1328 history

RIM U1252 history

TTM U1016 history

========

The light is intermittent and was not on when I extracted the codes.

Icase one of these relates to voltage problems, I had my battery replaced a few months ago.

BTW, what is the best way of determining what the codes mean for my year of Seveille?

Thanks,

BWeekes

Hey,

First of all, I was turned onto this site by MikeD (93 STS) and have read postings for years but never managed to post anything. Thank you all very much for the wealth of knowledge you have given me about the cars that I/we love.

About my problem....

My "Service Engine Soon" light kicked on this AM on my 02 STS and I finally figured out how to pull the codes. Could someone help me with diagnosing them?

========

AB C1246 history

DDM U1301 history

IPC U1016 history

IRC U1016 history

MSM U1000 history

RIM B1328 history

RIM U1252 history

TTM U1016 history

========

Icase one of these relates to voltage problems, I had my battery replaced a few months ago.

BTW, what is the best way of determining what the codes mean for my year of Seveille?

Thanks,

BWeekes

I would first make sure your battery cables, contacts, grounds are tight and clean. A bunch of codes is usually caused by bad electrical contacts. It may happen you do not have any real problem besides that.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

========

AB C1246 history

DDM U1301 history

IPC U1016 history

IRC U1016 history

MSM U1000 history

RIM B1328 history

RIM U1252 history

TTM U1016 history

========

Icase one of these relates to voltage problems, I had my battery replaced a few months ago....

You are probably chasing a loose or corroded cable connection either at the battery or at the fuse box under the hood. All your "U" codes are network related and can likely be traced to the battery replacement.

The B1328 would be one to remember for future reference, however.

Plus I don't understand the C1246. If that code is set, you should have a CHANGE BRAKE PAD message showing. Do you, or did you?

There are no "P" codes listed so the SERVICE ENGINE SOON message is a mystery that could be a false warning. But I would expect to see a "P" code in history.

Clear them all and drive it to see which codes, if any, return.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Any issues with the car? is it stalling for example?

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

========

AB C1246 history

DDM U1301 history

IPC U1016 history

IRC U1016 history

MSM U1000 history

RIM B1328 history

RIM U1252 history

TTM U1016 history

========

Icase one of these relates to voltage problems, I had my battery replaced a few months ago....

You are probably chasing a loose or corroded cable connection either at the battery or at the fuse box under the hood. All your "U" codes are network related and can likely be traced to the battery replacement.

The B1328 would be one to remember for future reference, however.

Plus I don't understand the C1246. If that code is set, you should have a CHANGE BRAKE PAD message showing. Do you, or did you?

There are no "P" codes listed so the SERVICE ENGINE SOON message is a mystery that could be a false warning. But I would expect to see a "P" code in history.

Clear them all and drive it to see which codes, if any, return.

Thanks to everyone to thier input. I will check the cables this weekend to see if something is loose.

On my way into work this AM, I contacted onstar to see if they would be able to troubleshoot it and it took them a couple attempts. The test that worked returned a message regarding an error with the ignition control system. Now that I think about it, the car acted a little quircky once last week when I went to start it. I had to turn the key and hold it a tiny bit longer (maybe 1/2 to 1 sec) than normal but it's been fine since.

As for the C1246, I forgot to clear out the codes after I changed out the front brakes.

I'm so proud of you. Finally learning about your car. It's like a proud father watching his son turn a wrench for the first time.

After getting you to that break upgrade i'm wondering when the exhaust will be done??? Please take care of my future car!

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Thanks to everyone to thier input. I will check the cables this weekend to see if something is loose.

On my way into work this AM, I contacted onstar to see if they would be able to troubleshoot it and it took them a couple attempts. The test that worked returned a message regarding an error with the ignition control system. Now that I think about it, the car acted a little quircky once last week when I went to start it. I had to turn the key and hold it a tiny bit longer (maybe 1/2 to 1 sec) than normal but it's been fine since.

As for the C1246, I forgot to clear out the codes after I changed out the front brakes.

Let me guess... are there about 60,000 miles on the car... Ignition Control System = Crank Sensors... Replace them both and life will be good!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Let me guess... are there about 60,000 miles on the car... Ignition Control System = Crank Sensors... Replace them both and life will be good!

55K...

It turns out the battery was bouncing around under my back seat as it was not secured properly when it was installed at the dealership. The fuse box under the hood was not snapped in properly either... All is secured and tightened now, codes cleared and no service engine light so far. Although, I did get a TTM U1016 when I checked the codes this AM. I cleared it and will check again when I return home.

You sure it was not just my dad, Jeff and I playing another trick on you??? I mean it was fun watching you jump when I hit you with the air hose... PSSSHHHHTTT

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Archived