CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seville

i have a 1998 sls and in the mornings once i got about 80k miles onthe car. it would make this high pitched scream type of sound in the mornings ive also drove a 99 STS that done the same thing when you first start it up for the day. we took the grey cover off the top and down on the left hand side inside of that plastic intake there this round thing what might that be ? we took brake parts cleaner sprayed it with that and now the sound is gone from my car for 3 days now. i was just wonder if someone else may know more about this than i do.

thanks so much,

michael

i have a 1998 sls and in the mornings once i got about 80k miles onthe car. it would make this high pitched scream type of sound in the mornings ive also drove a 99 STS that done the same thing when you first start it up for the day.

thanks so much,

michael

Sounds like you might be hearing the high frequency whine of the generator running @ full ouput. Mine 95 Eldorado also makes this sound, and it only occurs at the first start of the day..Usually when it's cold outside it's more prevalent.

Check this post ......odd cold start noise

A.J.

Pull on it. Does it move outward? If so, that is the overpressurization valve. It is designed to relieve manifold pressure in the event of a backfire (overpressurization) so the manifold does not explode. What you are hearing is a vacuum leak. Open it up and clean any carbon off of the sealing edges and the spring (it's spring loaded).

Pull on it. Does it move outward? If so, that is the overpressurization valve. It is designed to relieve manifold pressure in the event of a backfire (overpressurization) so the manifold does not explode. What you are hearing is a vacuum leak. Open it up and clean any carbon off of the sealing edges and the spring (it's spring loaded).

AWSOME !

thank you so much. i wasnt sure on it at all. heh since it has some break parts cleaner put on it the sound has been gone for 4-5 days something like that now.

michael

Mine does the exact same thing its usually only on damp cold winter mornings in the summer I rarely will hear it is it the same with yours?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Archived