CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CD Changer??

Are all of the 98-04 Sevilles pre-wired for the CD changer? I am in the final stages of buying a 2000 STS, and it doesn't have a changer. I will buy one on eBay, but am concerend that it may not be wired for it.

Charles

Charles

I don't know about the wires.

But I do know that the CD changers that fit 98-2001 are different then the ones that fit 2002-2004. Make sure you get the right one.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

If you look in the trunk by the rear passenger seat you should be able to find the wiring tucked away back there. it will have the proper plug to go to a cd changer. Or you can stop at a dealer and ask them they should be able to show you where the wire is,unless of course they want to make several hundreds of dollars and install one for you.But I am pretty sure you should have one I think most of the later models came prewired for changers

Just pull out the storage compartments from the center console (they are just sitting in there) and look for the harness. It may be a little forward of sight view. All of the cars have them.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

Opps, thought I was correct, my friend has a 97 sts and his is in the trunk,when I asked him he told me the 98 and up it was in the center arm rest, so I stand corrected.But that is a better place, it sucks to have to go to the trunk to change CD's

Thanks, Don. That is what I was hoping to hear. I did pull the storage compartments out, but in the short time I had on the test drive didn't find the plug. I will find it when I get the car home.

Charles

Charles

Archived