CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hard Starting

angeno03

Hello all. I'm new to forum so please bare with me. I have a 95' STS with 73,000 miles. If the car sits over night it will start right up. If it is somewhat warm, (ran in last 4-5 hrs) it will crank for 3-5 seconds then start. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Keep up the good work everybody. Great forum!!

Hello all. I'm new to forum so please bare with me. I have a 95' STS with 73,000 miles. If the car sits over night it will start right up. If it is somewhat warm, (ran in last 4-5 hrs) it will crank for 3-5 seconds then start. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Keep up the good work everybody. Great forum!!

Welcome! FPR- fuel pressure regulator is most likely leaking. Search the archives, you'll find tons of info. Here one:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8665

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I'd suggest replacing the FPR even if the test dosen't indicate a problem. Mine tested OK but the hard starting problem went away immediately when I replaced the thing.

I bought mine at Rock Auto for $45.00 or so. It's an easy and quick fix.

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

I'd suggest replacing the FPR even if the test dosen't indicate a problem. Mine tested OK but the hard starting problem went away immediately when I replaced the thing.

I bought mine at Rock Auto for $45.00 or so. It's an easy and quick fix.

Occassionally the FPR will show no signs of leakage by simply removing the vacuum line, but when vacuum is applied, it will leak. When checking a FPR, the best way is to put a hand held vacuum pump on it and pump down a vacuum, then watch the guage to see if it holds vacuum. Your case is a classic example.

replaced fpr. The car starts great now. Easy repair, other than getting a face full of gas. Anybody who does this repair make sure the system is depressurized good. Thanks to everybody for there help. I hope now I can help somebody down the road.

replaced fpr. The car starts great now. Easy repair, other than getting a face full of gas. Anybody who does this repair make sure the system is depressurized good. Thanks to everybody for there help. I hope now I can help somebody down the road.

Good. That's how this board works - we learn from those who learned hard way, and then we help others to avoid the mistakes we did. :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived