CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 deville dts, engine cuts out

CoupeDTS

I have a 2000 dts, 67,000 miles. Like every 3 or 4 days now ill be driving and i go to hit the gas and nothing, the rpms are 0. Battery is still on cause the radio is on. If im on the gas when it cuts out the rpms dip to 0 then back up to where they were, just dies for a split second. but if im off the gas cruising it dies and i have to stop and restart. restart is just fine. Kinda weird, any ideas? havent changed anything lately

Thanks

Scott

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

I think it was the 2000 model year that was known for faulty crankshaft position sensors causing the symptoms you discribe. If I recall correctly, the problematic ones will be stamped "Made in Mexico". The reliable replacements will be stamped "Made in Japan".

I think it was the 2000 model year that was known for faulty crankshaft position sensors causing the symptoms you discribe. If I recall correctly, the problematic ones will be stamped "Made in Mexico". The reliable replacements will be stamped "Made in Japan".

My mother made wiring harness parts for a Japanese owned company in West Virginia and Ohio until they decided to close up shop and move to Mexico. The quality was worse when they went south. So you could have got a part made in Mexico by a Japanese company.

Dang i think u nailed it. I checked my codes and the only current one is the p0385 which is crankshaft position sensor circuit. So it just needs replaced then right? Im pretty mechanically inclined, is it something i can handle or easier to pay somebody for?

Thanks

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

I would change both of them.

Remove the bottom plastic trim panel, remove the oil filter and oil filter adapter. With 1/4" drive tools you can work your way around the various pieces that are in the way. Bure sure to note which connector goes on which sensor.

Use new O rings on the oil filter adapter when you bolt it back together.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

YES replace them BOTH... 385 is the code for a bad "B" but really the way they work... "together" the computer has no way of knowing which one is bad... My car was throwing a P0385 code... but the problem wasn't resolved till I replace the "A" sensor (twice)...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived