CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lugging on Acceleration / Deceleration

Rusty

The best way I can describe this, is after a quick high speed acceleration when passing- around 95-100MPH, when I let off the gas pedal, instead of a smooth coasting -down, I feel a sort of abrupt stumble or lugging effect. Also when suddenly accelerating from 2K RPM, or around 25-30 MPH it very briefly hesitates , then a slight slamming sensation occurs. Almost like there's some backlash.

There's also noticeable feeling when the cruise control is switched off while at higer speed. Otherwise, gradual acceleration / deceleration seems fine.

Anybody have an idea what's causing this ? Could it be a sign of future tranny problems ?

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem.

You need to check the fuel pressure, should be around 45 lbs at idle and increase a bit with quick throttle jabs.

Could also be the Throttle Position Switch. Reset as per the manual.

or go here Idle Learn Procedure

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem.

You need to check the fuel pressure, should be around 45 lbs at idle and increase a bit with quick throttle jabs.

Could also be the Throttle Position Switch. Reset as per the manual.

or go here Idle Learn Procedure

-George

Thanks for the comments guys.

I haven't noticed any unusual codes. I'll check tranny fluid situation and throttle position switch.

Archived