CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Looking at a 93 Allante tomorrow

Ed Hall

Tomorrow, I'm going to take a look at a 93 Allante that has some front end damage. It has about 60k miles and they want $5k. The airbags are not deployed and the title is clear so I'm going to check to see if it has any frame damage. My main concern is a sideways crooked front end. If that is the case, I'll might try to buy it for a lower price.

My plan is to scrap my 87 Allante out and use it to fix the 93. It's kind of a sad thing to do, but the 87 is worth much more in parts than what I could sell it for. The bumper cover and hood is what is very expensive on these cars.

I let you all know what I end up doing tomorrow.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Ed, didnt you just rebuild the tranny on your Allante and paint it? I got the impression it was in good condition, why are you scrapping it. Good Luck tomorrow, Mike

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Not sure this plan will work... most of the sheet-metal on the '93 Allante is unique to that year... as is the engine cradle...

From memory

Fenders... different

Doors... different

Front Bumber... different

Seats...different

Top and covers..etc.. different

Engine, Suspension, Tranny... (well you get the idea)

I'd check the part numbers before you buy

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Ed, didnt you just rebuild the tranny on your Allante and paint it? I got the impression it was in good condition, why are you scrapping it. Good Luck tomorrow, Mike

Yes, I rebuilt the tranny on my 87 however, I have not painted. Mechanically it is in good shape but the interior needs some work. It would take a lot of work to be like the 93.

IPB Image

Good Luck on this project, you lucky Dog...

I had a 90.5 (27th one made with the power latching top). And they are awesome cars... One cop who pulled me over once said... "You shouldn't put caddy's in the drier... they'll shrink".... Then he gave me a warning...

If you can get the sheet metal to fit and work you'll have a sweet ride for about 20 cents on the dollar.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

The Allante is now in my possesion. The day after I bought it, the owner received a bunch of calls from people that were interested but too late. I alligned it today so now it drives real nice. One thing mechanically that is wrong is the passenger strut got bent when the wheel slid into the curb. Don't know if it is possible, but I'm thinking about the possibility of using a press to straighten it.

Overall, the car was kept in very nice condition. Interior still has that new smell and the trunk looks like nothing has ever been placed in it.

IPB Image

Archived