CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Water Pump

CRC2362

Hey everyone, last week my "Coolant Level Low" came up and I had just started to smell coolant the day before so into the dealer she went... Water pump well $423.00 dollars later I have been noticing that my coolant temp is running just a few degrees warmmer than it use to... around 199-201 and if it climbs a little in traffic it seems to be taking a lot longer to come down than it ever use to. My temp prior to the new pump was always 192-197 and when it did climb up do to sitting in traffic it would come down to "normal' within a minute of moving again. So does anyone have any comments as to why the change in temps and am I still in a good range? It's A 1999 DeVille with 46500 miles. Thanks Craig

Hey everyone, last week my "Coolant Level Low" came up and I had just started to smell coolant the day before so into the dealer she went... Water pump well $423.00 dollars later I have been noticing that my coolant temp is running just a few degrees warmmer than it use to... around 199-201 and if it climbs a little in traffic it seems to be taking a lot longer to come down than it ever use to. My temp prior to the new pump was always 192-197 and when it did climb up do to sitting in traffic it would come down to "normal' within a minute of moving again. So does anyone have any comments as to why the change in temps and am I still in a good range? It's A 1999 DeVille with 46500 miles. Thanks Craig

You are still within specs. They probably replaced the thermostat.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived