CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Poll like/dislike New Body sts

jtcaddy

Hello

Thought it would be cool if someone would make a poll like or dislike the new cadillac seville sts.

Jae Thompson

So? what are you waiting for? Make one.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

So?  what are you waiting for?  Make one.

You must contribute financially in order to start a poll.

I don't think we ever had a group consensus on whether we should have a separate "polls" section. Some thought the main discussion area was getting cluttered with too many polls. Did we make a decision on opening a new section of the forum?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

So?  what are you waiting for?  Make one.

You must contribute financially in order to start a poll.

I don't think we ever had a group consensus on whether we should have a separate "polls" section. Some thought the main discussion area was getting cluttered with too many polls. Did we make a decision on opening a new section of the forum?

I was not aware that you had to be a contributor to create a poll.

You're a contributor, why don't you start the poll regarding the STS. Would be an interesting poll I think.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

You're a contributor, why don't you start the poll regarding the STS.

Well, for the reasons above. Plus, I'm sure the idea is to encourage financial support for the site to sustain our current state with no ads. I don't feel comfortable circumventing that. I put up some funds to support the site, and received specific privileges for it. I would expect that those seeking the same priviledges would contribute accordingly.

When Caddy released the first pictures of the 2005 STS, the link to it was posted on the old board. I noted at the time that the BEST anybody said about it was, "maybe it will grow on me." Not a ringing endorsement.

You're a contributor, why don't you start the poll regarding the STS.

Well, for the reasons above. Plus, I'm sure the idea is to encourage financial support for the site to sustain our current state with no ads. I don't feel comfortable circumventing that. I put up some funds to support the site, and received specific privileges for it. I would expect that those seeking the same priviledges would contribute accordingly.

OK...I'm not only going deaf, I'm going blind as well.

I looked and looked but I can't find WHERE to contribute for THIS site.

HELP. :blink:

Marika,

Go to My Controls (up at the top). Down towards the bottom of that page, on the left side, there's a section for financial contribution. Bruce also gave his snail mail address if you wish to send a check or money order:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=29

Jason:

I searched the web and the only picture of the 05 STS I could find was the one they released when they announced the new car. I'd like to see some others too as that one does nothing for me at all.

A friend who recently say a pic of the 05 STS said, "yuk, it looks like a bubble".

I know I'm biased....LOL....

Shoooo..YOU?? Naw..why would that be?.. :lol:

Hey, while you're at it out there, grab that camera of yours and take a couple shots of those new STS's close up!..Oh,.. I forgot.. Never mind.. ;)

The jury's out for me. I need to see one in person to make a judgement. I've seen cars that look great in the mags, that just didn't cut it for real, and ones that look great in the flesh that didn't impress me at all in the car rags.

We'll see..

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

I like the looks of the CTS and, if the STS is going to look something like it, I'll probably like that too. But, in the picture, it doesn't look much like the CTS styling.

and ones that look great in the flesh that didn't impress me at all in the car rags.

That's how the new SRX catches me. I first saw it in a magazine and thought, "well, eh, hmmm." But then when my wife and I went to the Charlotte auto show, I couldn't get over it. It looked so much better to me in person than in print. I'd like to have me an AWD Northstar SRX, in White Diamond please. Now...where DID I put that extra 60 grand I had laying around...

I can't get into any Cadillac that's white or "light" color. To me, they should be black or dark "anything", blue, green etc....

The new STS looks very good, its going to make mine look like crap, but i guess thats the way it goes. i want to see it in person becouse ive seen pics of it but you cant fully get a good feel for the car till its an actual tangent. i think it was first shown on the new york gm car show. anyways seeing the CTS and the Escalde and SRX, XLR, i think the new STS will have its own "eye catching hook" just like the rest of the new cadillac Line.

Archived