CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Went canyon carving =)

Whoa talk about a drive of your life....

My friends and I took the Azuza canyon trail which is miles long but we only went about 30 miles and turned back...awsome experience if you ask me.

BTW my first time:

Here is my review of My 1994 STS:

(note we were driving very safely and were cautious of oncoming cars ...it was ddark already so not much on the road except us...

the whole time i was following my other friend in his RWD 240sx, cool car and handles great. It does get tail happy unexpectedly when pushed but nothing he could not handle.

My car on the other hand was somewhat of a mix. Out of all the turns i took i only understeered about twice no where near getting into an accident.

I easly reached the cars limits and realized that this car handles very well when driven right. The steering isn't very communicative, where is the suspension feel was, if that makes sense? The car was never “floaty”. The ride wasn’t taut like some sport sedans but was firm and comfy.

Cornering was iffy when the road got really twisty and tighter…body roll did play a part in the whole uneasy feel when the limits were within reach.

Launching out of turns was quick and effortless. The whole trip lasted about 30-40 minutes.

The time spent driving up there made me realize how great the STS is.

I'm not saying its a sports car but wow :)

I can’t think of anything else to say…feel free to ask any questions…I’d be happy to answer them.

Sounds like you had fun. It is good to get your STS our on the twisties and see what it can do, how it reacts.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Cool -- how did your STS do in comparison to the 240sx? You've got way more power than he does, but he's also got much better handling. Did you easily keep up with him, fall behind, or keep running up on his bumper? I'd like to have a 240sx or even a Miata. Light car + RWD = DRIFT. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I kept up pretty darn well, when they floored it all i had to do was put the gas pedal half way down and make sure i didn't accidently pass them :lol:

i was about a car and a half back from the 240sx just to be safe...

some parts were of the road especially the sides had alot of sand.

Which is normal i guess, he did loose it once while turning left doing a 180 degree spin and ended up directly facing me :P

i was mad because if i hadn't stopped in time we could have hit each other....

He apologized and it was over... BTW that happened when going back down the mountain.

we went on to finish carving up the roads at reasonable speeds.

I plan on going back again without the girl that road with me that night...COULDN"T STOP TALKING ABOUT HER PROBLEMS....I didn't mind but i believe i could have enjoyed it alot more if she wasn't there with me :P

She was nice and sweet, not to mention hizzott :o but again i plan on going back there when i have time..and when gas prices go down :angry:

Okay i know i said i would go canyon carving again soon, i meant tonight :P

was even better! Plus that chick wasn't in my car....

My friend took out his 240sx again, this time i lead most of the way...was very entertaining and its good bonding time for me and the car :)

i think i found a new hobby :blink:

I went canyon carving in Byers Canyon along the Colorado River last fall with our 96 STS. New tires and good brakes plus knew the road from having lived up there. I was really pleased with the way the tires stuck and surprised by the lack of body roll in the 96. Don't know what suspension changes were made in the ensuing years from your 94. I thought that with 100K miles on it things would be a little soft.

Stay out of the ditches!!!

I went canyon carving in Byers Canyon along the Colorado River last fall with our 96 STS.  New tires and good brakes plus knew the road from having lived up there.  I was really pleased with the way the tires stuck and surprised by the lack of body roll in the 96.  Don't know what suspension changes were made in the ensuing years from your 94.  I thought that with 100K miles on it things would be a little soft.

I will don't worry :P Whats great is the car handled well with the crappy pep boys tires that are on it, i cant imagine how much better grip i will have when i get new wheels and tires...i plan on getting the 17' CTS wheels and tires...will those fit my car? i mean RWD..FWD...does it matter>?

Archived