CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2004 Cadillac STS

Barry94

I was at the local Pontiac/Cadillac dealership today getting some warranty repairs on my wife's Sunfire.

There were two XLR Cadillacs in the showroom , a few CTS's and one very nice

black 2004 STS.

I mentioned to a salesman that I thought there were no STS models for the 2004 model year. He said I was mistaken and there is one in front of you.

When I got home, I checked www.cadillac.com and only the seville is listed. However, I am in Canada and I then checked www.gmcanada.com and there they are, STS's and SLS's.

So, are there any 2004 Cadillac STS's in the US, or are they an export item only. ???????

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

I wondered where all of those leftover 2003 STS's were going to end up!

There are no 2004 STS's in the US, just SLS's. None on the lots, and none in the books.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I'm in Canada as well and found a 2004 STS at the dealer, too. I got into an argument because I thought there is no 2004 STS. He insisted there is and pointed out the the 2004 has the magnetic ride feature, while the 2003 does not.

What's up with that?

Tom R.

1998 Cadillac STS with 102K Miles

I'm in Canada as well and found a 2004 STS at the dealer, too. I got into an argument because I thought there is no 2004 STS. He insisted there is and pointed out the the 2004 has the magnetic ride feature, while the 2003 does not.

That's incorrect -- in fact, I THINK the Cadillac STS debuted the magnetic ride for GM, even though the Corvette gets all the press about it. I think the STS had it first thing in the 2003 model year, with the Corvette at the same time, or very soon after. Either way, the STS has had magnetic ride for at least one model year already, maybe two.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Yep, 2003 STS's have the MagnaRide. And I want one BAD, but I'm not going to pay top dollar for it now. BTW, does Canada require that the build date be posted on the door pillar like in the US? I'd check that to see when the car was made, then go from there. Of course there's always the possibility that all of those leftover 2003's were exported to CAN and the laws allowed them to change the date to the import date.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived