CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Superchips

Cupillac

I know there is no point in getting these sometimes, but just wondering why there is none for 96-97 years?

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

For 1996 and after, OBD II cars, they don't have a removable prom module, so you have to reprogram the computer. Cadillac has not released the software to aftermarket vendors like some other manufacturers have, and apparently there are a lot of added checksums and other protections in the computer coding so that it is difficult to modify successfully. This as opposed to the successful LS1Edit software that will let you tune the LS1/LS6 engines to various performance/mod setups.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Domestic Performance (supposedly) sells an upgraded PCM module for the OBDII cadillacs although I haven't been able to get in touch with with them for any more info since no one there ever picks up the phone :angry: Apparently there are two models but I'm not really sure what the main differences are. if you want to check them out this is their website. http://www.domesticperformance.com/ Their phone number (if you wanna try it) is 1-559-709-4127. They suggest calling between 5-7:30 although they didn't tell me what time zone their in <_< Hope this helps

Domain: domesticperformance.com

Registrant

Timon Anderson

Timon

domesticperformance@attbi.com

939 w shields

Fresno, CA 93705 US

+1.5592244871

Administrative

Timon Anderson

Timon

939 w shields

Fresno, CA 93705 US

+1.5592244871

Billing

Timon Anderson

Timon

939 w shields

Fresno, CA 93705 US

+1.5592244871

Technical

Timon Anderson

Timon

939 w shields

Fresno, CA 93705 US

+1.5592244871

Record created on May 14, 2002

Record last updated on March 01, 2004

Record expires on May 14, 2007

Domain Name Servers:

ns1.armigeron.com

ns2.armigeron.com

The previous information has been obtained either directly from the

registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions.

Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Do chips actually increase performance in Caddys enough to purchase one?

Some people swear by them.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Ed Wright at Fastchips once told me that although he had done programming for the OBDI northstars, he did not get all that much improvement from them. Some people would like to have the speed limiter removed though and might view that as sufficient reason to buy a chip or computer reprogramming.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived