CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Last project for today

JIMDTS

The sound deadner pad under my hood was funky,torn and very dirty so today I replaced the pad and cleaned up the engine done with my weekend projects and it's only friday..The engine compartment cleaned up well with just car soap..Now to get some wheel time and enjoy the car..

Just playing around

Jim

picture.JPG

Jim, old buddy.

What time zone do you live in that it's Friday already.

Where I live, it's still Thursday!

Hi Dasher

VBG

I took a few days off work this week getting too much comp. time on the books at work.Plus a few beers at lunch time didn't help..

Well anyway I really thought today was friday I said to my wife lets go out for dinner as we usually do on fridays She looked at me funny and said today is not friday it's thursday.I get confused easily...F'ing old age..I guess..Normally I clean up my cars on a friday after work so it through me off,Doing a clean up a day early.but I wanted to get the bs stuff out of the way..Now I can relax on friday but there is always something to do around the house.Shoot I was a half a-- plumber today too I rebuilt 2 toilets in my house put all new insides in the tanks. darn water dept. cleaned the water pipes and all this brown funk filled up in the tanks and was very dirty so that took a few hours to get rite it was just easier to rip it apart clean the tank & put in new parts..Ah no leaks and the toilets flush too..VBG Shoot i need to go back to work to get a vacation.

Cheers

Jim

You just spray the water directly under the hood [getting the battery,alternator, starter wet] ? Sounds risky :)

I clean mine the same way. Either with a garden hose or high pressure spray. I try not to drown the alternator or coils but never cover them either. It may miss a little if the coils get to wet but just take it for a ride to heat it up good before you put the beauty cover back on and evaporate the moisture.

P.S. I shouldn't have to say this BUT, don't spray cold water on a hot engine.

Hi Larry

The engine was cold i don't wash a hot engine I let it set about an hour then popped the hood started rite up I opened the hood just incase the serintine belt was still wet and it would have trown some water and dirt on the new hood liner(sound deadner) try'n to keep it clean for awhile. I took it for a ride down the freeway to get some airflow and heat to dry it all up all is well So far..so good.

Thanks

Jim

just wanted to show that ya don't have to have a new caddy to have a CLEAN engine...

I just wipe mine down once a month...12 years old and still pretty:

pb220124.jpg

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

A clean motor is as pretty as a clean car.

And just as important! My wife calls me a "car freak" for opening the hood and cleaning it everytime I wash the car (which usually averages two times every three weeks). A long time ago (okay, it was only 9 years ago), when I entered my '84 Cutlass into her first car show, I got docked some points for "the underhood being dirty". Since then, the engine has always been the cleanest part of any of my cars. ;)

20-year-old engine:

engine.jpg

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived