CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wheelskins Color: Sand?

JasonA

I am considering a Wheelskins brand leather steering wheel wrap. After doing a lot of internet research, and seeing how one looks on my brother's C5 Corvette, I'm convinced of their quality. I haven't done any local research yet to determine if a local body shop can actually redo the leather on my wheel just as good, even for a bit more money, so I'm not yet married to the idea of a Wheelskins cover, but I'm certainly considering one.

None of the color swatches on their internet site appeared correct for my Neutral Shale leather interior. I'm sure most of you know what this color is -- it's the light cream leather that I'm sure most Caddies had in the mid 1990s. I submitted a request for two leather samples from Wheelskins, in the "Sand" and "Oak" colors. The Sand appears very close (the Oak is too dark). The Sand looks to be just a SHADE darker, but hardly noticeable...and it may be just because it's new vs. 149k miles old.

Has anyone installed a Sand color Wheelskins wheel wrap? I'd be interested to know your thoughts about how it looks and the color match.

Thanks in advance,

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Thanks Larry. I'm vasilating back and forth on whether I'd be happy with the color or not. There's also no guarantee that a local body shop would be able to match it EXACTLY either.

I submitted a request for two leather samples from Wheelskins, in the "Sand" and "Oak" colors. The Sand appears very close (the Oak is too dark). The Sand looks to be just a SHADE darker, but hardly noticeable...and it may be just because it's new vs. 149k miles old.

Bill, I did order the samples, and the Sand appears close, but it's hard to tell on such a small sample. The linked picture affirms what I believed when I look at the sample; Sand isn't exact, but it's certainly very close.

I have a shale interior on the Cad. I also have a tan interior on the Merc. Mtneer. On the Mtneer I have the euro wheelskin in blk and sand. The sand color really comes closer to the tan then to the shale. It will be a noticiable difference. Not to say it will look bad because I dont think it will but it will be different.

I must have read your post w/one eye and missed that you had the samples.

Hey everyone,

is there a possibility that someone can grab that pic off the other forum and post it here? I'm not a member over there. My steering wheel is SO beat and would like to see what it looks like on the cad. Thanks.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Below is the picture. That's my interior exactly, save for the wood shift knob, on which he did a great job.

For the record, this is mtflight's Eldorado, and his picture.

post-4-1136495070_thumb.jpg

Wow, that looks great. If I took a picture of my steerwheel you guys would be amazed, there is nothing left of it. Thanks for posting the picture, I think that looks pretty darn good. I'm going to look into purchasing one.

I'm pretty sure that's the same exact color I have in my interior....I think it matches well enough.

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Archived