CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DRAG RACE

jtcaddy

Well, I definetly think you have a chance. 0-60 for the STS is about 6.7-7.0 seconds. The Crossfire is about 6.5-6.7. So you definetly have a chance, just outsmart the driver.

Caddyjag

:D

Thanks

Do the stuff that gives you all the advantage you can possibly gain. Inflate your REAR tires to the max psi listed on the sidewall to decrease rolling resistance. Leave the front tires at 30-35 psi. They're radials -- that's where they're going to grip the most. If you want to get obsessive about it, show up running on fumes, with only an 1/8th of a tank. Remove your spare tire and jack. Make sure nobody rides with you (try to get your bud to ride in the Chrysler!). Turn your climate control off and don't play the radio, to relieve any last bit of drag on the alternator. Keep all your windows up for less wind resistance.

http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/northstar.html

Look there. Those are acceleration results from instrumented tests done by popular auto rags (like C&D, Motor Trend, Automobile, etc). The fastest 98-99 STS I've seen tested did the quarter mile in 15.1 seconds. 14.8 for a Crossfire is going to be hard to beat. With the competition so close, it might come down to small stuff like that that he may not think of. Good luck at the track!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I believe Eddie Murphy put a banana in a tail pipe to foil his pursuers on time... ;)

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

Try dropping the wieght a little bit.... check the trunk make sure it is empty... take out the spare tire if you have one and anything else in there you won't need... Floor it and let her go.... it's gonna be a close race so it's all the little things that count. If your car has more tork than the crossfire (wich I think it would) try racing somewhere that is sorta up hill.... that might help a little bit

Blow her away... and let us know what happens. Best of luck. :D

:P Why not take your doors off so you can blow his doors off...that would bring the weight down quite bit...maybe the trunk lid too! wear your seatbelt with no doors :P

Just curious, why does running on a lower tank of gas help?

Fuel is x pounds per gallon (I think it's 8.6?). If you have fewer gallons of gas than he does, you don't have to tote as many pounds down the track as he does.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived