CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How much for a weld?

Bentham

Welding some updated tips on within the next two weeks and am not sure of what is should cost. I went to one garage and they quoted me around $120 - $150

I thought that was a little high considering: there is no modification that needs to be done to these tips, just.. jack up the car, cut the old ones off, weld the new ones on, presto, chango.

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Depends on the shop. One local shop here would probably just have you pay the welder $20 for that type of work, if it was going to be a 5 min job. If it is more than that then yes it runs in multiples of $100.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Woah. Like Bruce said, check around. I can't imagine more than 20 bucks for that. Try to find a smaller, local type tire shop or something. Ask them in "plain and simple terms", you just "wanna hack the old tips off and pop these new'uns on there". Make it not sound like a big deal. They'll probably fix you up for a couple or three Hamiltons.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

haha- nope.. Bought the tips off eBay. Had 'em on hand when I asked him for a price. I'm definately going to check around. He even had the nerve to say 'bolt them on'! noo way

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

He obviously didn't want the work, or he thought you were a sucker. That job can be done in less than 20 minutes-all inclusive. I just watched a guy get a flowmaster muffler and new tip-involving three cuts, three welds in 15 minutes.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

Archived