CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'93 Sedan deVille - ABS light

KHE

I looked at a '93 Sedan deVille today - The ABS light is on but the only code that is stored is F48 which is a low refrigerant code. This sort of surprised me - seems like there should have been a code related the the ABS system.

The car was in decent shape but overpriced in my opinion - it had 96706 miles on it and the dealer was asking $4465....I remember George was looking at a '93 Sedan deVille with 75-80,000 for $3000.

There was also a '94 Sedan deVille - black on black with a black carriage top and gold ornamentation. 81911 miles for $5988. If I could get that one for $4000, I might consider it...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 1 year later...

I looked at a '93 Sedan deVille today - The ABS light is on but the only code that is stored is F48 which is a low refrigerant code. This sort of surprised me - seems like there should have been a code related the the ABS system.

The car was in decent shape but overpriced in my opinion - it had 96706 miles on it and the dealer was asking $4465....I remember George was looking at a '93 Sedan deVille with 75-80,000 for $3000.

There was also a '94 Sedan deVille - black on black with a black carriage top and gold ornamentation. 81911 miles for $5988. If I could get that one for $4000, I might consider it...

I don't think the ABS codes aren't read through the climate control. Service manual says it takes a bi-directional reader. My current vehicle has an ABS light on. Anybody know how to read the ABS codes on the 1993 Deville?

I found a post that talked about jumpering pins A to H in the ALDL connector. The ALDL connector in my 93 Deville doesn't have a terminal in cavity H.

When the ABS light illuminated on my '92, I read that there is a connector under the passenger seat if I recall correctly, and you needed a special reader to get the ABS codes. I decided to live with it and put a piece of electrical tape over the ABS light. 6 months later a bearing started to growl. Replaced the hub & bearing assembly and the ABS light went out. It was obviously a bad speed sensor.

Archived