CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Boring Ride

BlueCaddy

It was cold the other day,and I turned on the radio....It stayed on for maybe a minute but then it just stopped...I understand its an old radio, but the weird thing is that the cigar lighter in the driver ashtray doesn't work either. I'm thinking blown fuse, or the wires died....The thing is is that where the manual shows the fuse box...it says its easy to access....but its not so I don't want to do take it to my guy....or what??

Always try the simple stuff first....check and replace the fuse. If it still doesn't work, and if you're not mechanically/electronically inclined, take it to a professional to work on it.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Was there anything else plugged into the lighter at the time?

Be careful to re-install a fuse of the fuse amperage or you might let the "magic smoke" out of some component.

Good luck !

mbti = entp

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

The "Magic Smoke" ? That's about $80 a 1/4 isn't it ?

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Radio and Cigarette lighter are usually on the same circuit, probably a fuse. If it keeps blowing you will have to run it down ruling out one accessory at a time. I had the same problem the other day, it turned out that someone stuck the tire pressure (metal) gage in the ash tray not knowing that it went into the cigarette lighter thus causing a short.

post-3-1077977294.jpg

Archived