CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help....Where are the horns for a 98+ STS

JLAWS

Hi guys I need to tap into the positive wire from the horn. Where in the world are the horns? Seems to be somewhere in the fender well. What's the best way to get to them. Can I tap into the wires running to the fuse box. Any help is appreciated.

JLAWS - tell me more about your horn project. I hate the weak horn on my Concours. The "train" horn on my old '84 Deville was awesome. What type of horn did you get and from where?

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Hi guys I need to tap into the positive wire from the horn. Where in the world are the horns? Seems to be somewhere in the fender well. What's the best way to get to them. Can I tap into the wires running to the fuse box. Any help is appreciated.

JLAWS - tell me more about your horn project. I hate the weak horn on my Concours. The "train" horn on my old '84 Deville was awesome. What type of horn did you get and from where?

The "Trumpet Horn" has the notes A,C,D, & E. You need to determine which two notes you currently have and add the remaining two.

The note will be molded in the horn.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Brad, are you sure all your horns are working? Mine are loud.....they sound great. Check to see if they're all working.

Jeff

Jeff,

I was told by the dealer recently when I asked about having my horn checked that my car only has one. Is it supposed to have two? My service manual leads me to believe there are supposed to be two, but when I look at the car, it doesn't look like there is room.

Additionally, they told me my "horn" works to specs.

Brad

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Mine has 4 horns.

A note: on the right front of the vehicle behind the front impact bar.

C note: On the right front of the engine campartment, behind the battery.

D note: On the right front of the vehicle behind the front impact bar.

F note: On the left front of the vehicle, behind the front impact bar.

Look to see if you have them all. Maybe you have them and some of them don't work.

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

Mine has 4 horns.

A note: on the right front of the vehicle behind the front impact bar.

C note: On the right front of the engine campartment, behind the battery.

D note: On the right front of the vehicle behind the front impact bar.

F note: On the left front of the vehicle, behind the front impact bar.

Look to see if you have them all. Maybe you have them and some of them don't work.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff - I will check mine out and see what the deal is.

Brad

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Hi guys thank you all for your help. I was able to find them on own. I wired up some Fiamm "European" high/low trumpet horns. The stock horns on my 98 STS are adequate. I bought the horns at Pepboys for about $25. You would need to buy some wires for the ground, remote and positive. It took me a couple of hours mainly because it had to locate the stock horns and tap into the wire and find a safe place to mount the air compressor. ***IMPORTANT** when everthing is wired up, test it by pressing on the horn button and NOT using the remote key. !!! The remote gives off a quick signal not enough to blow air into the horns. The whole time I though I had defective parts or wired it wrong!!!

But after several stressful moments and a few cuts and bruises from the engine bay, I must say it was well worth it!! The horns (stock and aftermarket) have a nice full harmonic European luxury sound that scares the Sh#! :o out of people, even after I warn them that I put in the horns and to brace themselves. It compliments the billet grill, Hid light and chrome 20 inch rims well. There is nothing like the Northstar roar and a loud horn when the Caddy "speaks"

Archived