CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I felt like a kid in a candy store today

JIMDTS

I stopped by the dealer this morning and in the garage the had a black xlr with a charcol colored interior waiting to be delivered. Sure looked nice It even gathered a crowd anyone who walked by it checking it out..I spent about 15 minutes looking at it. darn that was a sweet lookng car when it was all cleaned up..Too bad there is a waiting list I was thinking out whipping out my check book The car was ordered last sept.They are just now starting to trickle in from what I gathered they are just building ones that have deposits on them.No dealer stock floating around yet.. And Gee are some sales people stupid the salesperson was a women who came out to the car looking it over prior to delivery What an A-- she was bragging the person who purchased it id going to let me borrow it for a day Not bad but treating everyone else who was looking at the car like a bum.I was standing there looking at the car when the owner of the dealer comes walking by and seen me asked why I was there the guy has a memory like an elephant concerned about if you have a problem with your car etc,then says would you like to drive it. You should have seen the look on her face I thought when it comes time to buy it ain't going to be from you..Then she tries handing me a card I told her Nah,He's my salesman..I'll deal with him..

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim

It just struck me as funny that a salesperson would treat people like a bum. Probably due to I was wearing a pair of old jeans with a casual jacket and a t'shirt.Not dressed for sucess.I really did not tell her that to be a smart a-- I would have liked to tell her to stick it up your ---.It just struck me as odd. The owner of the dealer is always floating around the service area early in the morning I think it's part of his routine if he see's a customer that he sold a car too or knows you.He makes it a point to come up and talk to you shoot the breeze and ask why you are their just service oil change etc, or are you having a problem etc.

Well that works with me I have purchased 8 cadillacs from him 2 pontiacs and 3 corvettes through the years and sent him a few customers.It's a large family owned dealer between their family they own a pontiac,chevy,buick,cadilllac dealers and some import dealers.So when i want a gm product I just give him a call and he will tell me who to see at the other dealerships.Usually a brother or relative of his.When I first met him at the cadillac dealer about 25yrs ago I did not know he was the owner I was browsing around looknig at the cars looking for a deal.Well the first time we could not come to terms and price etc,(and it was a great price)So he was waiting for me to call or come back well in a couple days he calls me and we made a deal from then on it's actually fun to deal with him. It can really be a battle of witts.He is very clever in sales I have also been in sales so I pretty much know the routine and closing lines. The fun part comes in when he will make a statement let me find out what we have in this car etc,and then I will have to think how can I counter this.So i,m silent for a few seconds.Then I come up with a clever response and we go back and forth,then wind up making a deal. All the deals I have made with them have been more than fair.So I never have to go to other sources when I'm looking for a car.I shop around looking at other sources for price checks but other dealers never even come close.One cadillac dealer I stopped in all the cars were the same price another dealers I seen a nice car asked about it the price they quoted was very very high they said we will price match and beat the price So I was honest and said I can get one for this,It was the same exact car Thier reply was Not in this country..No one will sell one for that.So I just hopped in my car and drove off and never looked back

Gee that was long winded

Cheers

Jim

Very nice that you have found a Dealer that you can deal with over time though. That seems to be the way to go. One of my friends told me he still calls his Salesman (not the service dept) to setup oil change appointments for his Escalade -- and gets great service that way.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived