CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

91 SedanDeville hood latch

The hood latch cable on my 90 Deville broke a few years ago. Rather than mess with it myself I had my mechanic fix it. It wasn't all that expensive (I'm thinking $150). Afterwards I did ask how they got it open - was told they had to go through the bottom (on lifts), in front of radiator and trip the latch - don't know what they used. He did say installing the new cable through the firewall was very difficult. Afterwards I was glad I didn't try it myself.

The interior hood latch in my 91 SedanDeville is not working. The wire the latch attaches to is loose. My question is how do I open the hood? Is the object the wire is attached reachable from underneath the vehicle? And where is the object located in the engine compartment?

The object is between the radiator and the grill. Looks like you have to brake the grill (partially) to reach it.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

The secondary latch is located between the radiator and grill, thats the latch that releases when you press the switch on the underside of the hood after the primary latch has already been popped. I think the primary latch may be right behind the secondary latch and located right over the radiator but Im not sure, does anyone know for sure?

Is that photo showing the underside of the hood when its popped or is the latch attached to the frame over the radiator?

You can see a fragment of the grill in the left lower corner of the picture. Take a look thru your grill and you'll see it.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived