CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blower Motor on 94 sls

Burcham

The blower motor on my 94 sls wont come on, the inside and outside temps on the ipc are dashes (--). The amber light on the defroster button is on, but blower not running. None of the buttons on the climate contol do anyting You can still access codes. None showing however except the normal ones I have PO56. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks

Never mind on this one, I think I have finally fixed one myself. Fuse IGN 3 checked good, but after more inspection, it was loose in the fuse block. I will inspect for wiring and corrosion at a more appropiate time than 1:30 am. Thanks anyway for all the good replies I know I would have got.

:D Burcham

I dont think its fixed yet.....are you getting 'loss of data' codes? Could be a bad IPC/cluster or bad computer on the UART data line.

Lets see.....the failure mode is.....fuel and hvac data go '--'......defrost comes on.....loss of data codes stored.....cluster doing strange things.

Reman clusters are about $300 exchange at Delco radio/speedometer shops. A bad cluster will often test OK on the Delco cluster test terminal. To them '--' is a normal display mode.

I should also add....on the '94...the blower motor speed signal command is also sent on the UART data line. Circuit 800.

I dont think its fixed yet..

Now you got me worried. I check the fuse last nite with ign off. and fuse checked good. Later turned ign on started engine, and check for voltage at fuse. At first it didnt read anything, but after pressing down a little harder with the probe, got the voltage, and blower started running. I checked the on board, and have not got loss of data. I cleared all codes, and started engine, and got my same ole PO56, Input Speed Sensor code. I think its just a loose connection at the fuse, or maybe the wire to the fuse block is about off or corrosion on the fuse legs and or fuse clips. I live in Mississippi, and corrosion is pretty much a constant problem with older cars due to the high humidity and amount of rainfall. I drove the car about 5 hours today and did not have a problem with the heater or defroster. However I will take your answers and file them away in case the problem returns and wiggling the fuse doesnt cure it. Thanks for your advise. Its nice to know there are people like yall who can and will take the time to help a fellow out.

:) burcham

• 3 months later...

Archived