CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Noise when going 30mph+

Caddyjag

Hello. Recently my 1994 SLS started to make some weird noise when it's going at 30mph or above. It sounds almost as if I had gigantic tires on it. The sound seems to follow the sound pattern of the engine when accelerating but it doesn't go away even if I'm not accelerating. The noise seems to be coming from the front suspension or front tires, but I don't know what it is. The noise gradually goes away when the car is slowed to 30mph or less. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be?

Thanks.

Caddyjag

Caddyjag, have your front wheel hubs checked, good bet its a bad bearing..i had the same problem, kind of a real loud humming noise that gets louder as you go faster..i'm not sure of the cost though, mine was making noise before i bought the car, and the previous owner had it fixed before i took it home..bob

You could always try rotating the tires front to back. If the noise moves, then its probably tire-related.

If you hit a curb recently, or ran over something, you could have damaged the tire internally (or on the inside sidewall) that might not alter the outward appearance.

make some s-turns at 30-40 miles. pay attention to the noise. it it is louder while you make right and less loed while you make lef turn - your left fron hub bearing assembly needs to be replaced. common task. some 80-90 $ part. search archives, you'll find a lot of information. good luck and do not worry.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived