CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OT

Scotty

(from Yahoo News)

The burly chief engineer of the Starship Enterprise in the original "Star Trek" TV series and motion pictures who responded to the command "Beam me up, Scotty," died early Wednesday. He was 85.

Doohan died at 5:30 a.m. at his Redmond, Wash., home with his wife of 28 years, Wende, at his side, Los Angeles agent and longtime friend Steve Stevens said. The cause of death was pneumonia and Alzheimer's disease, he said.

The Canadian-born Doohan was enjoying a busy career as a character actor when he auditioned for a role as an engineer in a new space adventure on NBC in 1966. A master of dialects from his early years in radio, he tried seven different accents.

"The producers asked me which one I preferred," Doohan recalled 30 years later. "I believed the Scot voice was the most commanding. So I told them, 'If this character is going to be an engineer, you'd better make him a Scotsman.'"

It's a sad day, Mike

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/1493093.stm

The BBC picked up the story as well.

I liked that Scotty a lot. He made all things impossible, possible.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Time for Scotty to bring back our favourite avatar!

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Time for Scotty to bring back our favourite avatar!

I have to agree with ted. Scotty was easily the most well liked Star Trek (IMO). He had integrity, honor, undying loyalty, and one hell of an accent. It is a sad day.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

>Scotty was easily the most well liked Star Trek (IMO).  He had integrity, honor, undying loyalty, and one hell of an accent. <

Plus.... Mr Scott was the Chief ENGINEER!!

Engineers rule, dude! :lol:;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived