CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OT In General: Changing Old Tranny Fluid?

JasonA

Hey,

Changed the fluid yesterday, not too bad of a job. I took a look at the pan when I took it off and there was some dirt visible. The fluid was definately dirty. Upon further inspection I saw that there was 1 little metal shaving...of course some could have gone into the drip pan but I thought this was pretty good that there wasn't more. I also took the 1 bolt out to drain some from the top. Put it back together and it took around 7 quarts. Overall I think the tranny feels better with the new fluid. Thanks for the help. Oh yes...the accessible filters(there were two) weren't very dirty at all with no metal in them so I guess that is a good sign. I'm glad I changed it. Thanks.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Ummm, YES!  :lol:

Oh boy! :lol: Poor women of Long Island lost another client to Caddyinfo.com! :lol:

Yep! Got my www.caddyinfo.com license plate frame yesterday, so I am now advertising this site on Long Island.... Expect more of us :lol:

I know I'm late to the party (just got back from a week in Eagle River Wisc.) but I just changed mine when I turned 100K (now at 103K). Did my wifes Bonneville at 100K (now at 117K). Both are fine.

Archived