CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Whos crafty?

I would just replace it, it will go at the worst possible time. BUT, if you want to buy some time you might want to try some epoxy. The only problem with epoxy is whether or not the pressurization will weaken and crack it.

All these posibilities would probably work, but to make the epoxy or silicone adhere properly you should remove it, clean it and above all make sure it is absolutly dry. If you are going to go through that much trouble I'd just replace it.

I agree with all the replies a patch may work as a temp fix or even last a long time I would also replace it the part should fairly cheap at a wrecking(junk) yard Plenty of them around just look around..No need to go new for the item you need That's the route i would take

Jim

As a temporary patch, I like the idea of drilling it out a little bit, putting some JB Weld on a sheetmetal screw, and installing the screw. That will fix that leak, probably pretty permanently, and at least until you can replace the tank. I wouldn't trust plain epoxy on it in the hot underhood temperatures, and especially as temperatures rise in the summer.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived