CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

flasher unit

caddypete

My turn signals quit working today, so I figured it must be the flasher unit, because my cornering lights still come on when I use the turn signal, and the 4 ways work like thier suppose to. Obviosly on these cars they have separate flasher units, So I pull the bottom of the dash, I can find the 4 way flasher because when I turn them on I can feel the unit clicking it looks like the good old flasher units. My question is does the turn signal flasher look different? because I can not find it. I did locate a rectangular black box is this the unit I'm looking for?Opps almost forgot, it is a 2000 Eldorado

I had trouble finding the flasher on my '97 Seville when I changed it a few months ago. Your 2000 Eldorado should be very similar to my Seville. In mine, I found it directly BEHIND the headlight switch. Pull on the headlight knob (like you're turning on the lights) and continue to pull straight out. The whole squarish panel should pop out of the vinyl of the dash. The flasher unit on mine was right behind it, clipped to a metal dashboard brace.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

[bmp]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/jacamo/pic.bmp[/bmp]

Document ID # 574166

2000 Cadillac Eldorado

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - Left

Removal Procedure

Open the driver door.

Remove the fasteners (2) in order to disengage the insulator (3) from the lower instrument panel.

Disconnect the electrical connector.

Slide the insulator panel rearward in order to clear the emergency brake bracket.

Remove the insulator panel.

Installation Procedure

Important

Make sure the forward edge of the insulator is properly installed onto the retainer studs (1, 4) at the front of the dash. Failure to properly install the insulator panel may result in brake pedal and/or accelerator pedal binding.

Position the insulator panel (3) to the retainer studs (1, 4) under the instrument panel.

Push forward in order to secure the insulator panel to the retainer studs.

Connect the electrical connector.

Important

Ensure all electrical connections are pushed forward in order to prevent interference with the insulator.

Push the electrical connections forward.

Lift upward on the insulator panel.

Notice

Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Install the fasteners to the insulator panel. Tighten

Tighten the fasteners to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

Close the driver door.

pic.jpg

Archived