CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

99 Deville rear whell problem.

My 99 Deville with 118,000 has a wheel problem. When I go into a right curve on the highway the right rear wheel seems to be bouncing at a rapid pace. It sounds like someone is using a air hammer in the trunk. If I turn the wheel just a little bit to the left and slightly straighten it out the thumping stops. As soon as I get back to making the curve it starts right up again. It is also vibrating and making the noise at the same time. What do you think it is?

Thanks in advance,

Bill.

wheel bearings?? My 87 deville did something similar and it turned out to be wheel bearings. I think it was about a $50, 2 HR job for me....

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I removed the wheel and the bushings in the knuckle are shot. So far the best price I could find for the knuckle is $254.67 + $50.93 shipping for a total of $305.60 from gmpartsdirect.com. Anybody know where they are any cheaper?

I did but they only respond with email quotes and I am waiting for a response from them.

That is all that I have gotten from them is an email quote of how much the part is, I guess you can call them

Archived