CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

code P094 on my 94 Eldorado

I have am settting a code P094, on my 94 El Dorado, after warmup, at the first downshift opportunity.

I have recently moved, and my manuals are in storage at the present.

This is the first transaxle problem in 120,000 miles. Everything I can find says it is is speed sensor, or shift solenoid. I can fix this with your help.

Should I just go ahead and order both the speed sensor and shift solenoid from gmpartsdirect.com ?

Is there more than one shift solenoid?

Should I change all of them if there are more?

Any help is appreciated.

Ken

There are two solenoids, "A" & "B". Change both while you are in there.

Which speed sensor? There are two. The vehicle speed sensor, mounted on the transmission case above the right output shaft, easily accessable through the right wheel well and the input speed sensor located inside the side cover, not accessable without dropping the trans.

PO94 - Transaxle shift "A" solenoid problem.

Shift Solenoids come as a kit for about $50-$60. Lots of info in the archives, even step by step instructions. They are under the bottom pan of the tranny.

• 5 years later...

I am getting a PO94 and my idle will jump up to 2,000 for no reason stay there ,then drop back to regular if I rev it up ! It does this hot or cold ! If I put 'er in neutral it will got to 2,000 and stay but if I brake it will fight me until the car stops then go down to 1,100, It propelled me in the intersection and I got broadsided ! The 95 STS has 141,000 I replaced the rear left door and made it fit with a hydraulic ram No rust anywhere I also have upper rear bushing wear out the parts are not available to my parts store ! I did see them on eBAy for $200

I am getting a PO94 and my idle will jump up to 2,000 for no reason stay there ,then drop back to regular if I rev it up ! It does this hot or cold ! If I put 'er in neutral it will got to 2,000 and stay but if I brake it will fight me until the car stops then go down to 1,100, It propelled me in the intersection and I got broadsided ! The 95 STS has 141,000 I replaced the rear left door and made it fit with a hydraulic ram No rust anywhere I also have upper rear bushing wear out the parts are not available to my parts store ! I did see them on eBAy for $200

If you're experiencing high idle problems to the point the car doesn't want to idle properly and revs when slowing down at a traffic light, etc., then the problem could be the Throttle Speed Control Actuator, which is located by the Throttle Body.

Did you check your throttle cables? Sometimes they are not seated correctly and hold the throttle slightly open

Archived