CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Had fuel rails replaced

Just had my fuel rails replaced yesturday. When I dropped the car off the guy tried to sell me a "fuel system cleaning". He is explaining it to me, and I don't look interested.. so he says "come-eere, I'll show you" and pulls my hood open and tells me that when the fuel goes through the throttle body it gunks everything up eventually. What a dope!

I guess I never knew that Northstars were throttle body injected... I guess you learn something every day! Well, not the service porter!

I half expected my car to catch fire 1/2 way home! I won't even get started on the dirty footprints on my spotless interior that I have to clean now!

Just had my fuel rails replaced yesturday. When I dropped the car off the guy tried to sell me a "fuel system cleaning". He is explaining it to me, and I don't look interested.. so he says "come-eere, I'll show you" and pulls my hood open and tells me that when the fuel goes through the throttle body it gunks everything up eventually. What a dope!

I guess I never knew that Northstars were throttle body injected... I guess you learn something every day! Well, not the service porter!

I half expected my car to catch fire 1/2 way home! I won't even get started on the dirty footprints on my spotless interior that I have to clean now!

You could have had fun messing with the service writer.....I wouldn't have been able to resist the temptation...

My dealer puts a plastic bag over the driver's seat, steering wheel and a paper mat on the floor to keep the grease off the carpet.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

They had a bag over the seat and paper on the floor, but the guy must have huge feet! Plus the passenger dash had fingerprints on the woodgrain, and nobody has ridden on the passenger side after I last detailed it. I should have checked the mileage before I dropped it off, cause with that dynomax exhaust and 255-55-16 tires I'm thinking that someone may have taken it to lunch, I mean "test" drove it to make sure there were no leaks in the new fuel rails!

Archived