CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Can't beat it...

TDK

A nice 30-hour terrestial flight to Salt Lake City and back...

733 trip miles total including (2) fuel stops and (1) hotel /meeting / overnight stop.

About 365 miles in 4.5 hours driving (a little over 81.1 average) on the way back (a personal best). 77.1 average mph at 22.9 average mpg for the entire trip (whenever the ignition is on, city traffic etc).

The new Toyo's just sung at a higher frequency at 122 - but nothing else to discern the velocity. :o

BTW, try to maintain an 80mpg true average over more than a few hundred miles - according to the Caddy's counter (not your'e internalized chrongraph) - not so simple as you might think... <_<

The thing is - the Caddy makes it easy...almost like cheating. :rolleyes:

Folks think your'e peddalin' some POS econo-box to get 24mpg at 83 mph. :P

Nope, the weiner dogs are sprawled out on the leather, "she who must be obeyed" is nearly horizontal, the luggage is back there somewhere and the sat-radio is workin'. A long drive - but life is good. B)

And without a Valentine-1 etc. God bless those who must stay in front at all costs... I call 'em pace cars, my sons call 'em sponsors and the NHP calls 'em "Sir" (as in - here's your ticket). :unsure:

I realize a number of posts arrive here to solve problems (as I did initially). I Just had to share another smooth flight - to strike a balance. :)

Thanks

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

I agree, these cars are made for high speeds and good gas mileage. I do know exactly what you mean about trying to maintain a specific average MPH its not easy at all....

As far as the a-holes that insist upon driving at obsenely high speeds I call them BAIT for the cops and I am happy they exist for ME! My son laughs now when someone flys by and says there goes the bait!

They are beautiful cars.

I love cleaning her up, and taking a nice long drive out through the country, so smooth and relaxed.

The trip to my cottage is also spectacular, especially in the fall.

My only concern for this year, is the speed shake I get around 110-120kmh.

That puts a damper on the ride.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

You know TDK, I really miss my Caddy!! :( This week has been very humbling without the Sprucegoose to cruise around in... Even my wife (who for some unknow reason to me always said she thought we should sell the Eldo), commented that she was very sorry for saying that now. This Grand Prix that I put the new motor in is OK, but it pales in comparison to the ride, power, and style of the Eldo... <_<

I am getting only 22 mpg with this thing and it is a V6, but in it's defense it isn't even broke in yet.. Only 650 mi. on the ticker ao far, and still have a SES light with some codes that MAF and EVAP system related. Once I get that straightened out I will probably some increase in MPG, but I'll never feel & hear that HP, (and smile like I did :D ) when I got on the pedal like I did with the Caddy! B)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

And without a Valentine-1 etc. God bless those who must stay in front at all costs... I call 'em pace cars, my sons call 'em sponsors and the NHP calls 'em "Sir" (as in - here's your ticket). :unsure:

I tell my wife those guys are runnin' blocker for me...a la Smokey and the Bandit.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

In the fall of 2000, my wife and I were going from Salisbury,MD to Springdale, AR. We took my wife's new Montana (now gone). On one stretch through western TN and AR, we went 540 miles in exactly 7 hours, including one gas and bathroom stop. That's 77.14!! In a Montana at that! :lol:

My best was in a new 60 ford on the ohio turnpike at cleveland to off the PA turn pike (late at night) outside philly. We made one 15 min stop at a howard johnsons (included) and hit some construction in PA, average speed 78.8 mph. Most of the time we were above 100mph. Lost my tail lights before I left cleve. and on the way back we decided to take it easy, and we were stopped by the highway patrol and he gave me a fix it ticket for the tail lights. Today with the wife in the right seat and her pit stops plus reluctance for speeds over 75, plus my tendencies to drive within my capabilities I consider myself lucky to average over 50mph on a trip. But the quality time spent in my Caddilac priceless. Mike

Archived