CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

hey y'all, new to posting here, but I need some help.

I have a 1999 Cadillac DeVille hearse that's my daily driver and only vehicle at the moment, and it's refusing to start. I don't think it's the battery, as I had a friend help jump it and there was no response at all, no lights or anything.

there's also an issue with the radiator, it won't hold coolant, but unfortunately I don't have the skill or knowledge to check it myself, and I no longer have the money to have it checked out in a shop. I don't know if that has anything to do with the no starting issue since it never stopped the car from starting up entirely before.

so if y'all have any ideas on what the issue could possibly be, it'd be very appreciated.

First off Welcome to CaddyInfo.

Start with the battery terminals. Although they make look fine they may not be. (assuming it is still side terminal)

That would affect you trying to get a jump as well. Bad connection to the battery means also bad cable connection as well

If battery connections are done and issue still occurs let us know. 

If it does trace the negative cable to the engine by the alternator, and by the headlight, but mainly to the engine.

Then the positive cable. There should be 2 of them. 1 goes to the starter. the other goes the electrical center forward of the driver side strut tower. Pull the black cover and look for corrosion under the maxifuses. That is where the main cable comes in.

As for the radiator, do you see anything leaking? Look for swelling on the tank on the passenger side. If it has swelling there may be hairline cracks in the tank. Other leak sources are heater core(in dash), silicone hoses to the black pipes behind the engine, the black pipes themselves, or worst case pulled head bolts. But we will get into that later 

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile