CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Air Conditioning Question

kcd1184

I have to replace a high pressure valve and a low pressure valve on my 94 Eldo air conditioning system. I had the system emptied to do the replacement. When they charge the system back up again, I want to make sure they get the right amount of oil in also.

I was told that 4oz. is the amount needed. Anybody know for sure?

Kent

Kent,

Where are these "valves" located? In the compressor? Your not talking about the in-line sensors along the firewall are you? You only need to add oil if you drain any or if there is a sudden catastrophic release of pressure or if you replaced a major component like a compressor, accumulator etc. If these "valves" are in the compressor and you are disassembling it, measure what you take out and replace the same amount. See the response from KHE in this thread. http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...2855&hl=pag+oil

I was getting the warnings right after my body guy fixed the front end, so he emptied the system to see how much freeon(sp?) was in the system. .55lbs were there instead of 2lbs. He then checked for holding a vacuum. Everything ok. Refilled the system and when he tried to remove the High side line, whoosh, bad valve . He also said he thought the low side was leaking just a little. (Schrader valve) Emptied the system and I bouht two new valves,5.00 bucks. I'm headed up there now to switch valves and recharge. His machine has oil injectors in front, I am just curious about the amount needed

Kent

Archived