CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

purchase advice please...

mattd

I have owned my 94 STS for a 2 1/2 yrs...today a friend who's a dealer got a trade that he wanted me to look at. He has a 97 Olds Aurora 4L northstar...the milage is a bit high at 112 mi...The owner says the car keeps losing coolant and but he never saw puddles so he's convinced that it must be the head gasket and he want's to bail. I have the car with me overnight I drove it all day...I never got a message to check coolant and the temperature was normal and I was in major traffic. This guy obvioustly never took care of this car...the power seat doesn't move, the fuel door doesn't pop, it's absolutely filthy and the outside (Black car) is nasty but nothing I can't handle. One thing that worries me is the car runs like crap, it idles as if it wanted to stall, but it never does. Even when you let it rip it still spatters and hesitates, my opinion it must be a bad plug or O2 sensor...The nice thing is it's mine for $4500 cdn...to me it seems like a great deal. So please let me know what you guys think, head gasket or just a simple leak, major motor problems or simply needing a tune up...any ways to check really apprecieted THANKS

I believe I'd pass...KNOWING you've got to change head gaskets and Timesert the block. I'd take it as a free car, but I doubt I'd put any sort of money into that thing up front. Just my opinion...

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Walk away tomorrow morning...and don't drive it anymore tonight! :-) Seriously, you could very well spend another 4500 bucks to just get it right..

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Save your money for something nice and without such obvious problems.

Can you imagine what's wrong that you haven't noticed so far?

Drop the car and run like hell AWAY from it.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived