CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Thinking of Trading in My '99

Brad

Well, I have been thinking of trading my '99 Concours lately as my warranty is up at the end of May. Recently I have had my eye on a 2004 CTS w/sport package as a possibility, but wanted to get some opinions on the matter.

From my standpoint, I am looking for something that is a bit more reliable, affordable, fun to drive, and is still somewhat big enough to put some things in including myself (6'4"). About the latter, I am somewhat concerned. At any rate, I have enjoyed my Concours, but I have had way too many problems under warranty and believe it is time for a change while it is still worth a few $$.

What are people's feelings on the CTS? Experiences? I know Bruce has had excellent results with his 2004 thus far and Consumer Reports (as some of you groan) has actually given the 2004 a great rating.

I don't want to start a holy war here, just looking for some feedback. I am going to test drive a few tomorrow and see what I think.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Do you like the STS's? I think they might be a little bigger than the CTS. JMO. I've never been a big fan of the CTS's. I'm a Deville/Seviile man. Yeah, the CTS may be a little better on gas but I think the STS is a real treat. I like the STS's the most now. Give one a test drive. Have fun!!!

I do like the new STS, but that won't fit in the price range. They just start too high for me and I don't really think I want to mess with the older model STS's.

Like you, I am also a Deville kind of guy, but I am not real impressed with the newer DTS. Additionally, I have driven a Deville in one form or another for the past 13 years. Started with at '72 Calais (very fun), then an '84 Sedan (solid, but sloooooow) and most recently the '99 Concours, which has been a blast, when it isn't in the shop. I am not holding grudges, I just didn't luck out.

I will keep my options open and see how the test drives go.

Thanks for the input.

-Brad

Brad

Blk/Blk w/gold package

And you dont like the 2002 - 2003 STS? Hey, if you like the CTS, then go for it. You got to do what makes you happy....

I'll give them a look tomorrow and see what they have to drive. I can be persuaded if the right deal comes along! :D

Any CTS drivers here?

Brad

Blk/Blk w/gold package

If you're a Deville kind of guy, are you going to be able to adapt the Cimmeron II? Amazing! I wouldn't own a Cimmeron II, even if it had a 500 horse V-8. For pete's sake--I have a 69 Firebird that drives like a Cadillac compared to the Japanese burning, matchbox feel of the Cimmeron II.

Personally I hear nothing but good things about the CTS. Sure it's a departure from the Deville but you seem willing to venture into an exciting new direction the CTS offers. Your going from a big car feel to a more agile and quick feel. I think the only issue you may come across is the fit since you're 6'4". There was a guy some time ago selling his CTS V for around 43K on E-bay, I believe. It's probably gone but who knows. Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I think the new CTS and STS line are excellent cars. It is a station wagon / crossover vehicle, but Cadillac is really pushing the remaining 04 SRX's, and they have a lot of room inside. My local dealer was advertising 15k off.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

If you're a Deville kind of guy, are you going to be able to adapt the Cimmeron II? Amazing! I wouldn't own a Cimmeron II, even if it had a 500 horse V-8. For pete's sake--I have a 69 Firebird that drives like a Cadillac compared to the Japanese burning, matchbox feel of the Cimmeron II.

Having just gotten back from test driving the CTS this morning I can assure you they are not Cimmeron II's. My first impression of the CTS, I admit, was not all that good either. I thought Cadillac had gone cheap and made another smaller car that wasn't worth the Caddy name - that couldn't be further from the truth.

I am not sure yet, which way I am going to go here, but if there are any doubters of the CTS, I would encourage them to drive one before making any decisions. I was very impressed by the 3.6 VVT engine's responsiveness and power combined with the handling capability of the sport package. Additionally, it actually provided a very good amount of room up front and I had no problems adapting and driving it.

If I can find an '04 in the right $$ range, I may very well make this trade.

Thanks for the input and if anyone else has thoughts, I would love to hear them.

-Brad

Brad

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Archived