CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New guy with a sts-v

Hi all. I recently purchased a 2008 STS-V

It has a some aftermarket stuff on it and from what I can tell it might be car that a member here owned. 

I am trying figure out all what it has for mods. 

So far I know it has a corsa exhaust, and spectre air intake. It appears to have an aftermarket intercooler behind the grill and it has a silver tank behind the grill. Which appears to be a intercooler fluid extra capacity tank. Not really sure what else. But I was googling that tank and thing and I found an similar install on this site. 

Anyway i am new to Cadillac performance and stuff but not new to performance or cars. 

A couple cars in my stable include a 76 c10 pickup and 67 chevelle, and a 60 Studebaker lark wagon, just it name a few of my favorites. 

Anyway here is the new ride. 

rsz_1rsz_img_20191021_155014271.jpg

If you are guessing that was my prior STS-V, all the info about my STS-V is in the subforum here: 

Here is the URL: https://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/forum/89-bruces-2008-cadillac-sts-v/

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

It definitely appears to be your old car. 

The modifications you have listed line up with some of the things that are on the car. 

My carfaxs shows the car was in Houston and then took to Plano. And shows service history at Crest. 

Says it was sold/traded at around 79k where it then appears in IL. 

Then it was bought in 2016 and driven to 100k which is when I bought it.

So it definitely seems like everything matchs up if you can confirm those mileage numbers. 

The car is great. Definitely can tell it's been taken care of well. And it presents well. 

I have noted the avs intercooler tank, exhaust, Cai, aftermarket intercooler. 

What else am I missing? I saw an intercooler pump?  Also injectors or no?

I definitely want to hear about it some more. 

It seems you had it on a Dyno? 

That whole subforum is just about that car, with multiple blog posts, etc.  so have a look at that and see if it answers more questions.

It has an upgraded intercooler pump, and some HP Tuner tweaks to change how the automatic shifts.  I think I studied fuel injectors but did not upgrade them.

It has two dyno visits, one before/after exhaust one after Spectre CAI.    2nd test: 

Bruce

Bruce, I have been reading your postings about the car and I just read the post where you were debating a CTS V vs the STS V, when you bought the car you posted the VIN. And I compared it to mine, it is in fact it is the same car. 

So your car has resurfaced. 

I have built a few cars here and there and traded them only to wonder what happened to them.

Have you ever had similar thoughts about this STS V?

I enjoyed the STS-V and am glad to hear it is still on the road.  The first owners I was told bought a pair of STS-Vs in Houston.

I still have an extra OEM supercharger & intercooler for the STS-V I need to sell at some point. 

Bruce

So far I am enjoying it greatly. I was on the hunt for a CTS V when I came across this one. While I was looking for a much newer car then this. It actually fit the bill quite well. I haven't done much to the car at this point and I probably won't do to much. I did have the window tinted. And the front headlights where suffering from some yellowing due to age. I buffed them with a headlight restore kit and they didn't turn out like I wanted. And replacement lens are very expensive and also hard to find in stock. So I ended up having them tinted as well. 

I like your scientific approach for modifications. 

I would like to replace the resonator in the exhaust with a x pipe and then have the car Dyno tuned. 

I feel like a quality Dyno tune will free up a few hp and it could be a solid 550hp at the crank. A supercharger pulley and possibly setting up a nitrous system to spray the intercooler appeals to me as well.