CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ac blowing hot air 2002 Cadillac Seville sls

Jesse B

Ac has always worked great but it has been making a weird noise from under dash on passenger side on and off for a few days almost like a grinding noise. Today it will only blow hot air I put a code reader on it no codes. Refrigerant should be good. I’m going to check to see if the compressor is coming on after this post. Any help would be appreciated.  

Hello. Welcome To Caddyinfo Forum.

IS the noise from inside or outside of the car?

Inside I would say a bad actuator.

Outside I would be looking at the compressor clutch. If clutch was going bad it would not throw any codes as the refrigerant may not have leaked out. 

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

The noise was coming from under the dash. I took it to a mechanic he found a wire that was melted. It was going to the high pressure ac sensor we replaced the pig tail and tried 3 different sensors 1 from Cadillac it’s still not working. All of the actuators are working there’s a good charge in the system. We jumped the relay and the compressor started ac got cold so we assumed it was the high pressure switch. 

@Jesse B

Switch the relay with one of the other relays of the same kind. Does everything operate normally?

Did the noise stop? If you still have a noise I would suspect an A/C programmer and/or a temperature blend door actuator as @rockfangd suggested.

Check ALL the fuses!! Something caused the wire to burn, a short to ground is the most common. Trace the wiring issue to it's source.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Yes the noise stopped checked all fuses and relays. The ac mechanic jumped the compressor and checked the computer everything worked normal. He was 100% sure it was the high pressure switch but we have tried 3 different switches. Blend door is working fine. Yes checked codes there are no codes. 

So if you jumper the relay it works. Correct?

But it is not throwing any codes.

Is your display showing AC or AC off when the button is pressed?

GM FAN FOREVER

Yes if you jump the relay it works. No codes and yes the ac display shows on ofc when you press the button. My son was trying to get a pencil out of the cup holders. And took all of that apart to get to his pencil could he have unplugged something maybe the a switch? Would ig still show it working on the display but not turn on the ac?  

I do not believe so although I do not know exactly what was removed. 

The climate control unit has only 1 plug IIRC. Possibly 2. But I doubt it would function with one or either unplugged.

Have you verified pressures?

What proof of proper charge is there?

If jumped low side should be around 30 psi.

High side should be 1.5x ambient temperature. ie on a 80* day the high pressure would be around 200.

GM FAN FOREVER

I am sorry but that means nothing to me.

I can hear that from 10 different people and all could be different definitions.

Without knowing specifics I cannot get a better idea.

I would be giving my opinion on someone elses word that it works

GM FAN FOREVER