CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

HARD STARTING

VERLO

I HAVE A 95 NORTHSTAR CONCORD. THE PROBLEM IT IS HARD TO START, HAVE TO CRANK FOR SAY 10 SECONDS, THEN IT WILL START. WHEN COLD NO PROBLEN AND WHEN IT STARTS IT RUNS FINE. NO CHECK ENGINE OR OTHER LIGHTS.

THANK YOU WAYNE

Been there.... Done that... ;) FPR!

*Fuel Pressure Regulator*

LOTS of info here about just what you describe

Basically, pull the vacuum line off, sniff & inspect for liquid gasoline inside the hose (bet it's there) and you'll knowit's bad.

Easy to replace, not too expensive....

GL

I need to check mine but, how expensive is the FPR, I had trouble today 3x starting my car, very unusual. I am ordering a bunch of stuff tomorrow if its not a lot of cash, I will replace mine. Thanks

I need to check mine but, how expensive is the FPR, I had trouble today 3x starting my car, very unusual. I am ordering a bunch of stuff tomorrow if its not a lot of cash, I will replace mine. Thanks
Mike,

It is $47.99 at rockaute.com . Please note it is so called second design for use with s/s fuel rail.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Mike,

It is $47.99 at rockaute.com . Please note it is so called second design for use with s/s fuel rail.

Thanks Adallak, I will send that box of Seville stuff off to you this weekend, I couldn't find a big enough box....LOL, Mike

Thanks Adallak, I will send that box of Seville stuff off to you this weekend, I couldn't find a big enough box....LOL, Mike
Is it a 4.9 engine? :blink::lol:

Is it a 4.9 engine? :blink::lol:

Do you need one, I can do that! Hey I sent a 4.9 crated up to Amsterdam! I could certainly get one to Pa! :lol:

Here is a short list of what I sent, a new AC hub assembly, Bose speaker assembly for the front door, new stat, plastic T..... the rest you will have to wait for so that you are excited opening the box! LOL

Here is a short list of what I sent, a new AC hub assembly, Bose speaker assembly for the front door, new stat, plastic T..... the rest you will have to wait for so that you are excited opening the box! LOL
:lol: can't wait to open that box! BTW, my ISC motor failed in a month after you gave me a new one "just in case". Now I have to watch my newn stat and the "T" I put last fall. :lol:

:lol: can't wait to open that box! BTW, my ISC motor failed in a month after you gave me a new one "just in case". Now I have to watch my newn stat and the "T" I put last fall. :lol:

Enjoy!

Who ever needs a new FPR make sure to get the DELCO. Original is original, I would not play with anything else. We are talking about the cheap part - around $80 anyway. Just my $0.02

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

Who ever needs a new FPR make sure to get the DELCO. Original is original, I would not play with anything else. We are talking about the cheap part - around $80 anyway. Just my $0.02

It's the ACDelco part I have mentioned $48

Mine was doing the same thing and the bottom o-ring from the FPR was cracked and missing a small piece. Got the seals (rebuild kit) for like $15.00 at Caddy parts counter. Check your seals first. If the bottom seal is out or leaking, fuel leaks down the tube when the car is off and causes a flood condition.

On mine, if I held the gas to the floor for a a few seconds before starting, it would start right up.

Also, if you still have the plastic/poly fule rail, there was a recall and GM will replace it for free (with new FPR). It can apparently leak and blow up.

James

1999 STS 65k

1995 STS 127k

Mike,

Adallak, I got my FPR for $40 (AC Delco)... Mike

Archived