CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Window Motor or Switch?

coolnesss

The driver's window in my 2002 ETC is a problem now.

For awhile, the window switch for the driver's side window worked intermittently.  I applied WD40 and it worked for awhile, and then started failing again.  About that time, the battery in the car was dying and was not providing proper voltage.  The battery was replaced and the window started working fine again.  

But a couple of months after the battery was replaced, the window stopped working entirely.  The passenger's side window works fine from the driver's side control.

I have a switch, but, before I take it to the shop, should I have a motor too?  

1 hour ago, coolnesss said:

I applied WD40 and it worked for awhile, and then started failing again.

To the switch?

Sounds to me like the window motor. Pull the door panel, hold the switch in the down position and tap on the motor if it works replace the motor. OR, pull the connector at the window motor, connect a test light. If it lights, replace the motor, if not replace the switch.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

both the master switch and the window motor common.

I say the master switch is more common than the motor. but the driver window motor takes the most abuse

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived