CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

04 CTS Sunroof 1st gen or 2nd?

I have a CTS 04 3.6L and the sunroof has a genration 1 and generation 2 version... my question is how can I tell the difference when looking for the part? My CTS had 1st gen, when I replaced it was w/ 2nd gen and about 2 1/2 inches to short but only on the teeth of the track. I need to find the right generation but have no idea how to identify.... Any details or information would be AMAZING!! Thank you!

:welcomesmiley:

If you're viewing them online you probably won't be able to tell them apart. The difference is the SUN ROOF build date ( NOT the vehicle ) and the ability to see through the sun roof panel, the second design will be 100% opaque. Also, the second design DOES NOT have a sunroof guide.

I included the GM part number(s) which may or may not help you in your search.

1st Design - - Part Number 23144813 Sunshade Sun Roof Panel (TITANIUM) 90% OPAQUE) BUILT BEFORE 03/15/13 - WITH Sunroof Guide

2nd Design - - Part Number 23116434 Sunshade Sun Roof Panel (TITANIUM 100% OPAQUE) BUILT AFTER 03/15/13 - Without Sunroof Guide

As a side note: If you're changing the entire unit, it shouldn't matter which design you get, either one should fit. If you're changing components it may                             be an entirely different crap shoot..

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Archived