CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

dex cool

johnnydone

just to let everybody know prestone has dexcool i bought it at advance auto in a premix form price was about $9.60 a gallon any comments

Prestone must be using some very good water in that premix bottle. You are actually buying 1/2 gallon of antifreeze for the price you could pay for one gallon of pure antifreeze.

Convenience has a price, I guess.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

after r :( eading this board about antifreeze and coolants im so paranoid i figured i should get it while the getting is good

The 50/50 premix is fine to use -- it is a lot cheaper to buy a gallon of concentrated Dexcool (Prestone sells that too) and a $0.58 gallon of distilled water, and mix it on the go. I use a cheap lemonade pitcher and mix equal quantities of both and use that to pour it in.

I think the 50/50 premix is great to have around for casual top-offs if you have a slow leak or something, or if you need to have a jug available on a road trip.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Just this past Saturday, I went to Wally's, got me a gallon of the Dexcool, and a .58 cents gallon of distilled water. I mixed it up, and got two gallons of pre-mix, for $11.04. I do not necessarily need two gallons of anti-freeze, but it is comforting to know, that it is there.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

Archived