CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

start up rpm

careldo

Hey guys,

i am wondering if my start up rpm is to high, since i had my eldo it has always started at 1500 to 1600 rpm and eventauly work its way down to about 750 when warmed up.The only time it starts at a lower rpm is when it is really cold like 5 degress or something like that. i have checked the ISC max and min and all values are normal.No codes either, is all this normal? <_<

careldo

It sounds high. Perhaps its time to clean and regrease the ISC-motor and adjust the contact and of course clean the contact surfaces. I did that and since then I´ve had normal idle rpm. Got 1200-1300 when cold before.

The Nortstar ISC had only 3 fasteners. They held everything together. I believe that you´ve got a squarish can with 4 fasteners. I´ve never dissembled one of those but it should work in the same way. Clean everything and apply some thin gear grease (no need for multi purpose grease, just ordinary bearing grease) and make sure the contact points are free from corrosion and that the points contacts when the pluger gets depressed.

Be careful though because of the plastic gears and housing.

I don´t have the manual ;)

Good luck

the colder the ambient temparature the hifher rpm at start. in a few minutes it goes down to 650. so it sounds strange yuor rpm lower at 5 degrees. 1200-1300 is common for cold (very cold) weather. try to reinstall (inspect) the ISC motor then perform so called learning. it's easy

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived