CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Anti freeze leaking???

95STSman

hey guys, I FINALLY replaced the waterpump. Now i find out there is a leak in the back of the engine. (by back i mean between the motor and firewall) At first i thought there was a headgasket leaking but when i shut the motor off i heard a sizzling noise, its the metal hose that carries the anti-freeze i think into the heater core...is this a comman problem with the caddy and if it is would it be a big deal if i bypassed the old metal line and ran a new rubber hose over it? thanks in advance...Nick

hey guys, I FINALLY replaced the waterpump. Now i find out there is a leak in the back of the engine. (by back i mean between the motor and firewall) At first i thought there was a headgasket leaking but when i shut the motor off i heard a sizzling noise, its the metal hose that carries the anti-freeze i think into the heater core...is this a comman problem with the caddy and if it is would it be a big deal if i bypassed the old metal line and ran a new rubber hose over it? thanks in advance...Nick

Its metal tubing I think. Is there is a hole in the pipe?

I just ran into the same thing with my 99. Replaced the water pump and developed a leak just as you described. It turned out to be one of the clamps on the short hose connecting the metal line going to the heater core. Just below and to the rear of the throttle body. Hard to find but very easy to fix. Stan

I have had similar problems with my 94 SLS. It seems that almost every hose joint that uses a clamp has leaked at one time or another. I'm beginning to wonder if my surge tank pressure cap is defective causing the pressure to be above the specified 15 lbs. I replaced the radiator & the waterpump & heater core over the past couple of years. Also new hoses and thermostat. When the system is full and not leaking at a hose joint, it maintains temperature just fine. The only thing that I haven't replaced is the pressure cap. I guess that is next on the list. I have never had a cap fail to the high side before. I guess that is why I haven't replaced it before now.

Anybody have any thoughts on other causes of hose clamps backing off or other causes of this? I have never had a vehicle that seems to develop leaks at hose connections that this one has. :(

Britt

Britt

I am going to replace these silicone hoses as soon as possible.

I am wondering of these hoses are responsible for some of the "leaking coolant only when hot" complaints we have been seeing?

Archived