CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

mileage

Ed Fenwick

Frankly the post was not directed at you AT ALL, so dont be so sensitive and take your ball and run home.  For that matter my post was not directed at anyone in particular.   It was not necessary to cut and run like you did, YOUR POST for your information WAS helpful, as you are driving a 92 AND your mileage was higher due to YOUR highway driving.   BUT a lot of the posts were NOT applicable, as they are driving a NS, not driving in traffic and the info is anecdotal....Its not necessary to post to every thread for the hell of it

If you RE-READ this thread VERY little information was helpful and I simply was trying to bring it back to an acceptible level of focus, FOCUS is the word!   If you re-read you will see posters CONTRADICTING prior posts, and also CONTRADICTING themselves WITHIN posts..... Lets not be so sensitive!   I personally make mistakes here all the time and I accept my lumps and move on!

After experiencing some other caddy enthusiast sites I thought it might be nice to find one that's not as critical and argumentative. So I tried here. As you can see by the info under my name, I've had pretty limited experience with the site (Mostly trying to find some parts with no success. But hey, people have what they have, and you can't expect to find old parts that easily) but I wanted to get more involved.

So I posted my experience in a pretty generic thread and right away 2 established members slam what people have written. While it's true you didn't mention any specific names, you also didn't exclude any. And frankly, the stuff about taking my ball home and cutting and running, make me wonder about the aggressive attitude.

As a suggestion, maybe you could have just pointed out that some were off topic and tried the friendly approach. Sometimes that works better, especially with newer members. If you'll look at what you wrote, with all the caps and such, your explaination isn't even friendly.

To be honest, I thought I was in a car forum not a fight club. I didn't know there were lumps invovled here.

Let's leave my balls out of it OK? :lol:

Well maybe the posts can help some people! It never hurts to give any kind of input, you never know who is reading! I have gotten information in posts that dont relate to the main topic! Right now both of you are running off topic! It would have been better if nothing was said at all about the unnecessary posts! I am new and not familiar with all the customs around here but there is no need to go looking for fights! This was not ment to offend any one (Scotty) J/K. I think this will be my last time on this site, so fare well my friends!

Frankly the post was not directed at you AT ALL, so dont be so sensitive and take your ball and run home.  For that matter my post was not directed at anyone in particular.   It was not necessary to cut and run like you did, YOUR POST for your information WAS helpful, as you are driving a 92 AND your mileage was higher due to YOUR highway driving.   BUT a lot of the posts were NOT applicable, as they are driving a NS, not driving in traffic and the info is anecdotal....Its not necessary to post to every thread for the hell of it

If you RE-READ this thread VERY little information was helpful and I simply was trying to bring it back to an acceptible level of focus, FOCUS is the word!   If you re-read you will see posters CONTRADICTING prior posts, and also CONTRADICTING themselves WITHIN posts..... Lets not be so sensitive!   I personally make mistakes here all the time and I accept my lumps and move on!

After experiencing some other caddy enthusiast sites I thought it might be nice to find one that's not as critical and argumentative. So I tried here. As you can see by the info under my name, I've had pretty limited experience with the site (Mostly trying to find some parts with no success. But hey, people have what they have, and you can't expect to find old parts that easily) but I wanted to get more involved.

So I posted my experience in a pretty generic thread and right away 2 established members slam what people have written. While it's true you didn't mention any specific names, you also didn't exclude any. And frankly, the stuff about taking my ball home and cutting and running, make me wonder about the aggressive attitude.

As a suggestion, maybe you could have just pointed out that some were off topic and tried the friendly approach. Sometimes that works better, especially with newer members. If you'll look at what you wrote, with all the caps and such, your explaination isn't even friendly.

To be honest, I thought I was in a car forum not a fight club. I didn't know there were lumps invovled here.

Let's leave my balls out of it OK? :lol:

Well maybe the posts can help some people! It never hurts to give any kind of input, you never know who is reading! I have gotten information in posts that dont relate to the main topic! Right now both of you are running off topic! It would have been better if nothing was said at all about the unnecessary posts! I am new and not familiar with all the customs around here but there is no need to go looking for fights! This was not ment to offend any one (Scotty) J/K. I think this will be my last time on this site, so fare well my friends!

Hey why is that your last post? I seen you on here tonight!

WOW, maybe I am to much to the point! If I have offended any of you, I do apoligize, my rant was never intended to offend but to draw the discussion into focus (please re-read how wide the discussion got), but I am very much a person that is about focus, if you can not see that by now by looking at my posts, I think you have missed who I am.

So to take what I say in a GENERAL way PERSONALLY is being overly sensitive, IMHO, hell I could have been in a bad mood that day, and something insignificant rubbed me wrong!

Bob_Caddy, don't let me be the reason you don't frequent this site, you will notice that my brief rant yesterday only occurs once in a while :lol: .... Mike

No. I was only kidding. I realize you are probably one of the most respected members of this Forum. If I offended you, I too apoligize?  I was only joking in the last part of my post about not returning. Sorry and Thanks. BOBBY

WELL YOU DID OFFEND ME! :angry: Just kidding... Most respected, na, I just spend too much time here, while everyone else is working! Which I need to do also but I am having a slow period... Glad this is resolved, it was not intended, I woke up in a bad mood yesterday...... :lol:

Archived