CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Playing DVDs?

SGT.ROCK

Just wondered how you can play or if you really can play DVDs on Cadillacs with the navigation system? A co worker of mine just bought a 2000 or 2001 DTS with that and the nite driving or what ever its called and I told him that someone told me you can play DVDs on the nav. systems as long as the car was kept in park. Well he tried putting a DVD in the nav. cd tray and nothing happened well I told him to put one in the cd cartidge but havn t heard from him whether or not that worked . So if someone could let me know the proper way to do it I would really appreciate it.

Im not 100% sure on this but you would probly need to hook up a source of some sort to the nav. Like a PS2 or just a regular dvd player.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I'm guessing here too, but IIRC the 2001 and earlier Nav system was CD ROM based and the 2002 and newer was DVD based... I think you are SOL playing a DVD on a 2001.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I'm guessing here too, but IIRC the 2001 and earlier Nav system was CD ROM based and the 2002 and newer was DVD based... I think you are SOL playing a DVD on a 2001.

Ya if thats the case the only way would be to hook something up to it that can play dvd's if thats possible? I would go with a PS2 if I were you the you can watch movies and play games!!!! :D You'll have to make sure that it's possible to do sofirst though!

user posted image

I would get an external DVD player rather than a Playstation 2 because you would get much better quality and it would take up less room. You would also have to find a usable place to put a PS2 so I dont think its such a great idea! I wonder how difficult it would be to do this. :huh:

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Most people put them in the glove box! If you did not want a PS2 in your glove box then yes definitly go with the dvd player idea you can mount it right in the trunk it will be completely out of the way! :D

user posted image

Archived