CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Do caddy owners have this kind of attachment?

maydog

I found this on foxnews today, I must say that the guy loves his mustang. Would you hang on to your caddy? I wouldn't - of course I am insured.

Alternate title - A practical use for a spoiler!

A Flint, Mich., car owner deserves credit for bravery, and maybe for being a bit nuts.

The unnamed man was carjacked at around 7 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 6, police told WJRT-TV of Flint.

Instead of letting the robber get away, the man grabbed his Ford Mustang's (search) rear spoiler and hung on for dear life.

"I was driving to the gas station. He stole my car. He told me to get out. He took off. So I jumped on the back and I held on for about 30 minutes," said the determined Mustang owner.

Police got several frantic phone calls about a car sledding through the snowy streets with a man hanging on the back.

For the next half hour, police sirens wailed as the carjacker led them on a high-speed chase through city streets and on Interstates 69 and 475.

All the while, the hapless owner was clinging to the rear spoiler as traffic whipped by.

"He did about 90 or 100 down 69 and 475," said the owner about the carjacker's driving.

Finally, the robber ditched the car and took off running through a snowy park. Police simply followed his tracks to a nearby house and arrested him and a presumed accomplice.

Unseparated from his Mustang, unhurt and very cold was the car's owner. Police sat him in a patrol car to warm him up.

"I wasn't letting go," he told police.

If anyone tryed to jack me I would go to there house with a bat and introduce it to there face! (If I new where the person lived LOL :lol: !!!!!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

In Flint I believe he would have "a pop capped in his a$$"!!! Flint is Buick country, what was a Mustang owner doing there?

I can't see any car (that's properly insured) being worth risking my life over! I love my cars, but the older I get the more I see them as just cars. I thought that would never come out of my mouth!

I would hang on as long as I had a rear spoiler to grip on to! :D And it all depends on what kind of work the guy did on the car! I know of some guys that put upwards to $50,000 into mustangs over the course of time! And somthing like that would be hard to let go of! But if he was driving a stock mustang that was properly insured or what ever, than the guy is just a dumbass! What year was the Mustang? :blink:

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I think the guy was doing him a favor when he took his Mustang.

HA HA I agree!!!!!!!! :lol::D

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Archived