CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How do I remove the injecors?

Jan Olsson

Just a stupid question. How do I remove the injectors from the fuel rail on my -93 STS? Do I just pull or what?

Haven´t found any information on the board that seems to apply to my car ;)

I´ve seen mentions of clips holding the injectors to the rail.

But I´ve checked the injectors and found nothing, since I don´t want to break anything I could use some advice.

By the way has someone a picture from a -93 STS showing the fuel rail, FPR and that little black box on the rear side (believe thats the MAP sensor) so I can check if I got it right?

Was wondering if it isn´t supposed to be some vacuum hoses connected to the FPR?

Got the Haynes manual and yes I know its completely useless since the pictures in it showed me the inside of a later STS.....

I´ve got the Northstar engine but thanks anyway. :)

When I hooked up the fuel rail I looked very closely and saw just nothing...

The garage I used has bad lights to say the least... wish I had taken some pictures of it but I was kind of frustrated with 40 F inside and a desperate need of a bathroom....

Jan,

Mine is 4.9 but looks similar to NS. Since nobody with NS replied so far I'll try to shed some light :) .

1.Remove fuel rail assembly.

2.Remove electrical connector from fuel injector ( push in wire connector clip while pulling the connector body away from injector).

3.Remove injector retainer clip from injector. (spread open clip slightly and slide clip away from fuel rail).

4. Remove fuel injector by twisting back and forth while removing.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Thanks! My problem is that I can´t see any retaining clip for the injectors. I can only see that the male end of the injector is mounted in a plastic (female)connection on the fuel rail itself.

Was thinking that the retaining clip is inside the female part and will let go if i just try to pull and twist?

I believe that the design has changed after 94 with different injectors/fuel rail etc.

hmm, wish I thought of taking some pictures yesterday when I was trying....

Jan,

It is strange there is no clip... same thing with other seven injectors? I would try to pull it out carefully and see if it gives up. Have a flushlight with you.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

J.O.,

It looks pretty much like the injectors on mine. If you look at the injector just down from the O ring you will see a groove. When the injector is pushed into the rail that groove is just barely still exposed. Part of the retaining clip goes into that groove. The other side of it clips onto the fuel rail. I wonder if someone had it apart and reassembled it without the clips.

FWIW

YMMV

DFB

Has someone done this on a -93/-94 Northstar? Can you please tell me how you did it? I would really appreciate this.

Thanks in advance.

Archived